Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bath 1 woking 1

+4
SteveS
Dusty Lynfield
Luton Roman
RUDI GULITS
8 posters

Go down

bath 1 woking 1 Empty bath 1 woking 1

Post by RUDI GULITS Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:22 pm

good result today
another good attendance
looking good for the play offs now
beat welling next week and 3rd spot is up for grabs
7 games unbeaten lets hope it is 8 this time next week
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

bath 1 woking 1 Empty Re: bath 1 woking 1

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:28 pm

Good result in end but don't think deserved more. Not much creativity in final third. Lacked a bit of edge. Cundy mom w Raynes endeavour not far behind. Hinds lost v their big defence. Why not start Pryce?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:55 pm

I think this game will have been good preparation for the Welling game....Steve King follows the same formula of goliaths at the front and back - totally agree with Luton re Sol Pryce.
I think the boys did great today, particularly when you could argue we have been playing for a while now without four first teamers (Rigg, Brunt, Mann and Artus) missing. If we can keep scraping together enough points to stay in the play-offs, I’m sure Jerry will be tempted to slowly reintroduce these players to get them as near to peak fitness in time for those important matches.
Special mention to Kev Amankwa, how he managed to play the full 90 minutes after being out for so long....top man.
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Agree with Gerry, happy with the point in the end considering injuries. Did not think we would score but Pryce gave a bit more of a physical edge when he came on. Woking were more street wise than us, agree Cundy and Raynes were MOM.
Good crowd.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeview Joe Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Really great game. I enjoyed it. All in all a fair result against a very tidy Woking side. Some great pacey football and some great saves by both keepers too. The superb crowd and sunshine made for a fantastic atmosphere in the ground. Congratulations for pulling in so many!
Freeview Joe
Freeview Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Presumably streetwise means playing the ref rather than football. I thought the lads did terrifically considering they were constantly fouled. For a footballing side that makes it very difficult. But Stearn had one of those days when nothing went right for him particularly his crossing and maybe if he had been on it the outcome would have been different. I didn't think Pryce did much when he came on but Hinds moved out wide and he became far more effective. He is not someone who offers much of a challenge up front so he doesn't occupy the centre halves at all. They can hardly have had an easier time.
But ultimately we are playing without our top players so to get anything out of the game with the youngsters is a bonus.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Pleased with yesterday's result and especially with the crowd (Woking's "What's it like to see a crowd?" chant must have been ironic from their 270 travelling supporters). We are down to the bare bones and that draw could prove vital. To be honest, we probably didn't deserve the draw as Woking were one of the best (and tallest) sides I have seen at Twerton Park for a while and, despite the clearance that led to the goal - and a couple after - Ryan Clarke made at least 2 or 3 great saves (as did the Woking keeper on one occasion to be fair). I thought that nothing seems to be sticking for our players but, really, it was because Woking weren't giving us any time on the ball. There was some gamesmanship, of course, but not the worst team for that. Stearn just had one of those days where he either made the wrong decision or things didn't o right for him. Not a big issue, he will be back at his best soon enough. Like I say, whether we deserved it or not, 1-1 in front of a 1700+ crowd keeping us ensconced in the play-offs is a good result.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 pm

There was a spell of about 10 minutes after Woking scored when it looked as if they were going to take the game away from us (a bit like when Torquay went 2-1 up until the momentum changed with the penalty miss) but we dug in and probably finished the first half the stronger. It wouldn’t have been an injustice if Tom Smith’s header had put us level.

As others have said being without four key players does really stretch us, especially in midfield where it puts a lot on Morton’s shoulders especially when Frankie is out. The great thing in the second half was that we persisted with our passing game and didn’t resort to ‘route one’ which would have got us nowhere against their giant defenders.

I think Twerton Park comes into its own when there is a big crowd, and the atmosphere yesterday was amazing again.

Hopefully we can get the injured players back and see if we can make a final push for 3rd.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down