Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City 1 (Stearn 9m) Billericay 2

4 posters

Go down

City 1 (Stearn 9m) Billericay 2 Empty City 1 (Stearn 9m) Billericay 2

Post by Luton Roman Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Sounds likes battling performance but JG not happy with 2nd half at all.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City 1 (Stearn 9m) Billericay 2 Empty Re: City 1 (Stearn 9m) Billericay 2

Post by comrade powell Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Yes, and he was spot on. A very honest view of the match and I'm sure he's let it be known to the team that the second half performance wasn't good enough. But knowing these players, I'm sure they'll bounce back on Saturday and I'm still tipping them to send Barnet packing! But it's very important that we get Sean Rigg back as I think his importance to the team was obvious through his absence last night.

One thing I did disagree with Jerry on was his view that Billericay were there for the taking. Junior had highlighted in the programme that they have a very good defensive record away from home and I thought in that department they were probably the best we've faced so far.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Billericay were all over the place until we scored and then we took our foot off the gas and allowed them in it. This was compounded by a sloppy goal but we still dominated the rest of the half.

Second Half there were lots of mis-placed passes and we lost our confidence. When they scored the bizarre second we just panicked. I cannot disagree with anything Jerry has said.

Personally I thought we were better with Joe Raynes at right back. Given our injuries I'd play EFete as a right sided midfielder. He is very good on the ball like Straker and would give us the width we miss with Watkins out.

I think we'd get more out of Brunt then. He was virtually unplayable at times at the start of the season and now he's not. But then there are a few who are not showing that early form.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Tovid wrote:Personally I thought we were better with Joe Raynes at right back. Given our injuries I'd play EFete as a right sided midfielder. He is very good on the ball like Straker and would give us the width we miss with Watkins out.

Yes, I would agree with that.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down