Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Signing

+10
LB
Marc Monitor
miker
comrade powell
Steve Whites Missus
2weirdtown
Jon_BOA
tovid
Luton Roman
Dusty Lynfield
14 posters

Go down

New Signing Empty New Signing

Post by Dusty Lynfield Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 pm

It’s Michee Efete....I know you can’t go by one friendly he played for us in preseason, but he was the best player on the pitch that day. Made some rampaging runs and I would think he will be playing at right back....may mean Joey Rayners gets a chance in Centre midfield (we are short there at the moment).
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

New Signing Empty Re: New Signing

Post by Luton Roman Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Maidstone have let 6 players go with new manager in place. Their fans think Efete ok but looks like he hasn't had much game time.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm

So where does Amankwah fit in? Or indeed Dan Ball.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am

Anyone else mildly narked by this signing? I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but in the week we announce £130k losses, we go and sign a new player.

In itself, that wouldn't be so bad as we are after all a football club, but given we have 3 players being paid who can play defensive positions (Amankwaah, Ball & Richards) who've started 1/2 a game between them, why the hell are we throwing money at another player?

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 am

Perhaps one of the three you mention are on their way?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am

Jon_BOA wrote:Anyone else mildly narked by this signing? I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but in the week we announce £130k losses, we go and sign a new player.

In itself, that wouldn't be so bad as we are after all a football club, but given we have 3 players being paid who can play defensive positions (Amankwaah, Ball & Richards) who've started 1/2 a game between them, why the hell are we throwing money at another player?

For me... not really. If JG has been given a budget to work within and he is doing that.... then all is fine on that front. Also the supporters club are partly helping with the wage.
If, however, the board approved a silly wage budget that would be a different issue, but I'm assuming that is not the case.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

And you'd be correct in assuming that.

Re the Supporters Club - just to clarify, like many others we support The Pledge which so far has attracted some £10k for the present season. The other funding we provide is for the training facilities - last season we covered the club's bill of just over £10k. Just by paying the membership subs, or by buying a Match Day Draw ticket or a cup of tea from Shane's, supporters' money is going directly to BCFC. There are no middle men!

At the recent SC AGM there was some discussion on where any profits should be spent - the general consensus of those members present was that helping to fund loan signings was welcomed, as we did with Ross Stearn's stay last season.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:56 am

Of course we don't know whether Jerry has used all his budget for this year. He may have tried to get Michee in the summer and still has that money in his back pocket waiting for the right signing to come along.

But it is concerning, given the recent financial announcement. Although the second statement is more reassuring.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Could someone please clarify as I genuinely don't know how loan signing work.......
If we sign a player on loan do we pay their wages in full according to what the parent club pays or do we pay the player "our" rate, or do both clubs pay the player jointly, or does the parent club pay in full, or does something else happen that I haven't thought of ?

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by tovid Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:27 pm

I believe that the proportion that each club pays is flexible depending upon the circumstances. 
The advantage to the home club is that a player that isn't getting much game time gets some experience so they will continue to pay part of his wages in recognition of that. 
I believe we originally had Marvin Morgan on loan and didn't pay his full wages despite his home club being in a lower league, because he was contracted to them and it was better to have us paying at least some of his wages, than have him sitting on their bench drawing full wages.
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for your reply tovid
Regards
miker

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Couple of things about this:

Firstly, Richards hasn't been signed as a defender, he is a midfielder that sits in front of the back four.

Secondly, as mentioned, a loanee's wages are often subsidised by the parent club to a variable degree although it's only when you get to your Chelseas and Man Citys that the parent club pays all the wages, if then.

As we saw today, Efete is very accomplished at right back and, as such, appears to have facilitated Joe's move to his more natural central midfield position (albeit this was at a lower level). Joe is still getting to grips with that move - as he did at the start of the season at right back - but he will click in a game or two whether alongside Tom Smith or Morton. Amankwah really didn't have the greatest of brief appearances last week but has so little game time that he can be forgiven that but Efete's signing - especially on today's evidence -  will make it harder for him to come back. As for Ball, I have no idea what is going on there.

Last edited by Marc Monitor on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 am

Jerry said recently that Dan Ball has been injured. I don’t know about this week but I am pretty sure against Welling he was named as sub to make up the numbers although there was no intention of using him. Will be interesting to see if he plays in the SPC game on Tuesday.

Midfield will be interesting when Sean Rigg is fit again as not sure who would have to miss out particularly now that Joe Rayners has moved there from right back now we have signed Efete.

As for Mills, perhaps Tuesday will see him break his duck - if he can’t score against Western League opposition then there probably is no hope for him.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am

These debates are great but in reality injuries mean we juggle around and most players will have a role.I HOPE Rigby is back soon.

RIchards, Kevin, and Millsy will surely get 90 minutes on Tuesday as well as Hodges

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzo dog Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 am

You sure you want Rigby back?
bonzo dog
bonzo dog

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 am

pete mac wrote:I HOPE Rigby is back soon.
That's predictive sex for you!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Rigsby anyone?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeview Joe Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm

pete mac wrote:Rigsby anyone?