Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banbury pub

2 posters

Go down

Banbury pub Empty Banbury pub

Post by kermit Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 pm

The best Banbury pubs IMHO are a bit of a stroll from the ground, but 2 are close together:
Bailiffs Tap, 4 Southam Road, OX16 2ED is a micro pub (same concept as the Hinge in Welling)
Three Pigeons, 3 Southam Road OX16 2ED is a great pub.
Also recommended in the 2019 CAMRA Good Beer Guide (yes, I've spent some money) is a Wetherspoons, The Exchange, 49-50 High Street, OX16 5LA and the White Horse, 50-52 North Bar Street OX16 0TH.

However, the nearest and still very good is the Bell Inn, 12 Middleton Road, OX16 4QJ
https://whatpub.com/pubs/OXN/6/bell-inn-banbury
I would suggest coach travellers ask to get off the coach before reaching the railway station.

Also, please be aware that the long track past the station down to the ground is accessed by keeping right of the armco barrier which separates the lane from the station car park. God forbid if the coach misses this track and ends up in the station car park!

Safe journey.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Banbury pub Empty Re: Banbury pub

Post by comrade powell Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 pm

kermit wrote: God forbid if the coach misses this track and ends up in the station car park!

Unsure if this is a wind up, but I recall that did happen on a previous trip. But not on my watch!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 am

comrade powell wrote:
kermit wrote: God forbid if the coach misses this track and ends up in the station car park!

Unsure if this is a wind up, but I recall that did happen on a previous trip. But not on my watch!
Not a wind up Comrade. A genuine attempt to help everyone, but especially the coaches. The lane is very easy to miss and you end up in the station car park. Not a major issue for cars, but a real problem for a coach.
Keep looking for the armco barrier on the right hand side as you head along the station approach road and keep to the right hand side of the barrier. There used to be a sign here for the football ground, but I don't know if it's still there, and it is easy to miss.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Sorry for being suspicious but you do have form... Very Happy

Ye Olde Reindeer Inn in the town was very good. Excellent Hook Norton beers. Probably one of the classiest pubs visited on a City away day as reflected in the food prices.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down