Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbie Cundy red card

+4
pete mac
stillmanjunior
tovid
yuffie
8 posters

Go down

Robbie Cundy red card Empty Robbie Cundy red card

Post by yuffie Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Overturned on appeal.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Robbie Cundy red card Empty Re: Robbie Cundy red card

Post by tovid Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Wow it must have been a really poor decision
tovid
tovid

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:28 pm

It was never a straight red, which has saved him because if it had been a second yellow he would have been banned regardless.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Good news.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Apparently the FA viewed that there was no foul committed and the referee made a 'clear and obvious mistake'.

Ironically had he only booked him the end result would have been exactly the same except we couldn't have appealed.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Good news (unless you are Kevin Amankwah or Dan Ball who would have fancied their chances of taking his place when he was banned). Watching the video the penalty and the red card both looked very harsh and clearly the FA took the same view. Be interesting to see what happens next time he referees one of our games.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 am

yuffie wrote:Apparently the FA viewed that there was no foul committed and the referee made a 'clear and obvious mistake'.

What a pity then that the rules do not allow the consequent penalty to be rescinded too. We was robbed of a point for a draw. (and Chelmsford should have two points less than they have got)
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 am

Big well done to Palms for getting the footage together for the club's appeal!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Midsomer-steve wrote:
yuffie wrote:Apparently the FA viewed that there was no foul committed and the referee made a 'clear and obvious mistake'.

What a pity then that the rules do not allow the consequent penalty to be rescinded too. We was robbed of a point for a draw. (and Chelmsford should have two points less than they have got)

That could cause chaos! I fully approve of the idea of checking the video at the game itself (as happened at the World Cup games, and happens at cricket matches), but making decisions like this after the game could cause many problems, not least with the ref; as LB has said, "Be interesting to see what happens next time he referees one of our games." He is likely to be less neutral towards City.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:09 pm

I am sorry that you have mis-read me Sir Ged. I was just meaning that the referee's mis-judgement of this incident has cost us a point. I agree that amending the result after games have finished could, unfortunately, be too problematical. Perhaps, in about fifty years time 'video refereeing' will be the norm at even our level, but, for now, we must all 'grin and bear it' ('swings and roundabouts').
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:05 pm

There was some work carried out about decisions in the Premier League last season I think about how teams had benefitted/not-benefitted from decisions. Forget the outcome.

Of course it's irritating that this incident had such a bearing on the result but this is football, almost every game there are a few talking points. We've been fortunate to win some games on the back of poor decisions, and we've lost some because of them, too. You just have to do your best on the day to try and overcome them and boy did we do that - I thought in the second half we were brilliant.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down