Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poole today

+7
pete mac
BenE
Ashley
Tapper80
2weirdtown
Luton Roman
LB
11 posters

Go down

Poole today Empty Poole today

Post by LB Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Today's line-up: Southwood, Welch-Hayes, Straker, Richards, Amankwah, Batten, Edwards, Smith, Watkins, Rigg, Compton. Subs: Semenyo, Ball, Jarvis, Morton, Hodges.

LB

Back to top Go down

Poole today Empty Re: Poole today

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Well that's better. 4 nil win away from home. Maddeningly inconsistent City but can't wait to hear the details.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Straker sent off after a 2nd yellow. Bad news as he'll miss the next game v Havant
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Tapper80 Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Looked like a positive team selection today, shouldn’t single players out but Jarvis dropped today and we win 4-0. Hope Jerry takes note.

Tapper80

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Good win on a boggy pitch. Goal right on half time set the tone for the second half. Stupid red card. Freezing.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Rigg could be crucial to our play off chances if played as a striker.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Consistently inconsistent
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Can we call back Ryan CaseandGeorgie Rigg for next week?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Ryan Case was there today. No idea what has happened to his loan to Andover. Possibly available to play Saturday as Straker presumably suspended, Frankie injured, Amankwah injured. Maybe Rigg will be recalled from Tiverton.
Anyway, good win against woeful opposition. How on earth did they beat Dartford?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

I think I heard Case say that he was still on loan, but that he’d played very near Poole’s ground today and was giving Straker and another player a lift home.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:46 am

I was really critical of Straker for his stupid sending off. He’s a good player but he’s the captain - he should have just walked away. I wasn’t in close enough proximity to see if he had been severely provoked but even so, he does have a temper and needs to cool it. He and Amankwaah are both big misses next week. My guess is Miles will go left back and either Case or Rigg brought in to the right.

Second half was much better and Poole didn’t really recover from their defensive reshuffle just before the break. The replacement full back had a ‘mare and Opi grew into the game. Him and Jack on their natural sides worked a treat.

Still only failed to score once away from home in the league. We last achieved that in 1945/46, when we only played ten away matches. I’m sure the thought of matching it is at the back of players’ minds.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 am

Ryan Case is on dual-registration with Andover so I assume we get first choice on his services if he is required next week.

He was substitued yesterday after 55 minutes against Hamworthy United (1st versus 2nd), which is about 5 miles from Poole, so must have headed to our game almost immedidately.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:I was really critical of Straker for his stupid sending off.

Yes I got that impression. Bob was trying to be more diplomatic but I'm fully behind you. Getting sent off for anything other than seriously foul play really annoys me and especially when you are 3-0 up and down to the bare bones defensively.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:42 pm

What with Kevin's injury, his suspension could well come back to bite us. A great shame as defensively we have looked so good in most matches.

It was good to see us finally punishing a team when we were on top - what with those glaring misses in the first half, we could easily have scored eight against what was probably the worst performance against us for many seasons. Even worse than Concord's last season!

And while it wasn't as cold as that infamous night at Brislington, the conditions were very unpleasant. Hopefully the topless brigade are not suffering from hypothermia today...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

yuffie wrote:Ryan Case is on dual-registration with Andover so I assume we get first choice on his services if he is required next week.

He was substitued yesterday after 55 minutes against Hamworthy United (1st versus 2nd), which is about 5 miles from Poole, so must have headed to our game almost immedidately.

Talking of Hamworthy, they must be really fed up with playing Poole. Their pre season friendly finished 10-1, and they then met again in the Dorset cup and this time lost 10-2.

Last edited by Ashley on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Great film of yesterdays win from Dave Phillips.

Despite that miss it looked like Jack contributed big and miles Welch Hayes was prominent.

Not clear that Amankwah will miss next week listening to JG post match.

Looking forward to it now and I’ll be there - season alive again but on a knife edge!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down