Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March

+3
2weirdtown
Maurice Ashman
comrade powell
7 posters

Go down

Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March Empty Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March

Post by comrade powell Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm

http://www.bathcityfc.com/southern-league-championship-anniversary-dinner/

Bob Chester is working very hard to make this event a success and to bring in much needed funds for the club. A similar evening a few years ago was memorable for everyone who attended, so let's fill the place out for an evening of nostalgia and to celebrate the anniversary of a memorable season.

How about forming a forum members table? LB and myself have already booked to be on Richard Bourne's table and you're very welcome to join us. The great man can at last answer the question about how many miles out he was for the goal of the century at Weymouth!

Last edited by bone ash on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Unstickied)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March Empty Re: Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March

Post by Maurice Ashman Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 am

I have asked for a ticket, but did not appreciate that there is a choice of table so put me down for this one?!

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March Empty Re: Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 am

Well done, Maurice, an excellent signing! Right, who else is up for it?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:49 pm

I've bought a ticket. Can I join you?
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Of course - we are most honoured!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:04 pm

comrade powell wrote:http://www.bathcityfc.com/southern-league-championship-anniversary-dinner/

LB and myself have already booked to be on Richard Bourne's table and you're very welcome to join us. The great man can at last answer the question about how many miles out he was for the goal of the century at Weymouth!

The very reason I decided to choose that table!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Just bringing this back up to the top. Who else is interested in coming? We've got spaces on our table and Bob tells me it's not a sell out. If you're going to support just one club fundraiser this year, make it this one!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

I’ll be there!

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Bob Chester is working very hard to make this event a success and to bring in much needed funds for the club. A similar evening a few years ago was memorable for everyone who attended, so let's fill the place out for an evening of nostalgia and to celebrate the anniversary of a memorable season.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Hmmm, my grinning emoji was wiped from my last post. I expect full details of his description to be posted here immediately after the event.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am

I went to the Legends evening and it was a great night. Looking forward to this one.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm

the demon headmaster wrote:Hmmm, my grinning emoji was wiped from my last post. I expect full details of his description to be posted here immediately after the event.

And I will expect a full apology from all doubters such as yourself! Evil or Very Mad
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Bob Chester was interviewed about the event on the Geoff Twentyman Sports Store last night...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05wmzv3

25 minutes in
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Bob tells me that all the players invited have confirmed that they are coming on Friday!

And there has been a re-print of 'Champions! The Story of the 1977/78 Season' by our very own Phil Tanner. Copies will be on sale on the night and of course they can be signed by the legends present. If you aren't the owner of the book, I can promise you that it's a great read!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Just wanted to say what a great evening it was - shared a table with Richard Bourne (yes we did discuss that goal!) and Peter and Martyn Rogers and they were great company. Well done to Bob Chester for organising it.

Interesting how some players had aged more than others - Tony Ricketts barely looked a day older than in his playing days!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by bonzo dog Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:49 pm

It certainly was LB. Nice to see some non Bath City supporters there too. Imagine if all those players were 25 again what a squad they would have made.
And I'll second that well done to Bob Chester!
bonzo dog
bonzo dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Hear!, Hear!
A great get together - well done to all those who made it a success.

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:08 pm

A memorable Bath City occasion with many highlights. Great to see so many former players present and as Moggy said in his thank you to the organisers, it's clear that they still have great affection for the club.

Sir Richard is a great character and very modest about his goal of the century. However I managed to persuade him that he was a lot further out than the D of the penalty area!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:37 pm

I think we eventually persuaded Richard that it might have been the D of our penalty area!

Managed to get a picture of the players together before they went their separate ways:

Southern League Championship Anniversary Dinner - Friday 9th March Champi10

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:03 pm

That's a lovely photo. Thanks LB!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down