Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst player of last ten years

+4
sean
Roman Mike
Dave
BenE
8 posters

Go down

Best and worst player of last ten years Empty Best and worst player of last ten years

Post by BenE Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:28 pm

For me Jamie Cook was worst but best is harder to nominate.

Marley has done the best but I think Sido was the most important player for us. Chris Holland was a strong candidate but he should have stayed for the conference years.

BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Best and worst player of last ten years Empty Re: Best and worst player of last ten years

Post by Dave Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Best, Alex Russell
Biggest let down, Luke Prince

Dave

Back to top Go down

Best and worst player of last ten years Empty Re: Best and worst player of last ten years

Post by Roman Mike Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Ross Stearn
Josh Low
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Best - Sido
Most disappointing - Luke Prince

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Jim Rollo (the best for his consistency)

TONY BIRD (by far the worst )

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Romans Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:15 am

Best: Sido
Worst: Puddy

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 am

Best player: Scott Partridge (just makes it into the 10 year parameter). This has much to do with Partrdige being, by far, the best player in the team when I started watching City. IT also has to do with having seen Partridge as a bit-part largely forgettable player at Cardiff City years before only to find him a revelation here. Of course, this has much to do with the drop in standard (indeed, many professional players who haven't shined have excelled at this level, many also from Cardiff) but also because Partridge seemed happier as a striker than a winger as he was.

Worst. Funnily enough, my two worst players are now two of my favourites for different reasons.

Firstly, Chas as he was woeful when he first turned up as a striker. It was laughable how bad he was. However, he benefitted - and the management lucked out - by his move backwards and his actual best skillset of vision and passing has been found. He is even getting quite good in the air (actually, I am not sure it can be called that as he doesn't leave the ground).

Secondly, Nick who has always been a trier but could trap the ball further than most people can pass it, was by far the clumsiest card-magnet I have seen for a while, didn't ever last past 60 minutes and looked every inch the Level 8 player he was. Yes, he produced some great strikes but it was never enough. I did like his endeavour though and it wasn't his fault he was rubbish.

However, this season, he has been a quiet revelation. He put a lot of effort on his own last summer to become a 90 minute player (and 120 at Oxford City). This added to his obvious strength has meant he has come into his own this season and, while I still wouldn't call him the best player, he has become someone I am glad to see on the pitch. He is even up there with Watkins in the goalscoring stakes.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Marc Monitor wrote: He (Nick) is even up there with Watkins in the goalscoring stakes.

Of course Watkins has moved ahead again.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down