Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post match discussion on BCIR

3 posters

Go down

Post match discussion on BCIR Empty Post match discussion on BCIR

Post by London Calling Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi all.

So the end of the season is nearly here!

At the end of the match with Margate on Saturday the on air team will be having a bit of a discussion about the season just gone and looking ahead to next.

Some of the things we'll be discussing include:

The contrast between the reality of the season that panned out compared with fan's early expectations.

Where did things go wrong after such a promising start?

What was the key ingredient in City staying up? (eg a specific signing, result, improved defence etc)

Should Gary Owers stay on as manager?

What needs to happen in the summer to stop City fighting another relegation battle next season?

We'd love you to get involved. If you have thoughts on any of the above, leave them in the comments section and (if you wish) we can read them out on air as we're discussing each point. We'll be taking in comments from the Facebook page as well as people's tweets and comments on Match Chat during the game.

Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting the station this year and wish you a happy summer holiday.

Up the City.

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post match discussion on BCIR Empty Re: Post match discussion on BCIR

Post by BenE Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:02 pm

As I have said before the BCIR service is very professional and is a must listen to when City are away.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Yes I did a response on facebook but forgot to say what a great bunch of people BCIR are. Without them exiles like me would be lost - great professional/fair commentary and interviews/ analysis.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Many thanks.

It's been great fun doing it this year and I'm happy to report we'll be back to do it all again next season.

Just realised I've phrased the above post a little poorly. If you'd like to give your thoughts to be read on air then also just comment on this thread!

London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 pm

comments in red

London Calling wrote:Hi all.

Some of the things we'll be discussing include:

The contrast between the reality of the season that panned out compared with fan's early expectations. I had concerns pre-season where the goals were coming from. It was clear then Dave Pratt was mis-firing. But we did lose a number of players through the season for various reasons. You don't expect that much disruption.

Where did things go wrong after such a promising start? The start was a shock. We had actually finished the previous season in very poor form, Dave Pratt had carried the team on his own, so what happened after the first six games wasn't really a surprise.

What was the key ingredient in City staying up? (eg a specific signing, result, improved defence etc) The defence. We still struggled to score goals but started to gain points where we hadn't previously. Greenslade made a difference and luckily when he left so did Chas.

Should Gary Owers stay on as manager? Without doubt.

What needs to happen in the summer to stop City fighting another relegation battle next season? The main ingredients we have been missing is height and pace thoughout the team. And at least one goalscorer.

Up the City.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down