Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New signing

+7
SASCHA
yuffie
2weirdtown
kermit
Steve Whites Missus
LB
Luton Roman
11 posters

Go down

New signing  Empty New signing

Post by Luton Roman Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

New signing  Empty Re: New signing

Post by LB Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Hopefully will solve our lack of goals - have to be a bit concerned that he hasn't played for such a long time and only started training a few months ago before getting injured. Will be interesting to see if he starts against Truro (assuming the game is on in view of the weather) or will be on the bench like a lot of loanees in recent times. Sounds like Cheltenham expect him to be playing.  

As for Kaid, with the transfer window opening soon I wonder if we are preparing for him to go.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:41 pm

All the rumours on Kaid were that he actually had somewhere lined up. I heard a mention of Accrington.... then again maybe Elvis is still alive..

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm

To save folks linking to the awful Chronic website, his name is Eliot Richards. A 24 year old Welsh striker. Ex Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, and currently with Cheltenham. Successfully battled testicular cancer recently, and looking to get back into the Cheltenham team and earn a new contract. With us for a month.
Welcome Eliot and good luck to you.
I suspect we might have another postponement on Saturday, so we might have a wait until we see him.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:All the rumours on Kaid were that he actually had somewhere lined up. I heard a mention of Accrington.... then again maybe Elvis is still alive..

........... and working in Twerton Chippie. Oh, and the new guy is obviously the answer to our goal drought.
Crying or Very sad
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:11 pm

2weirdtown wrote:
Steve Whites Missus wrote:All the rumours on Kaid were that he actually had somewhere lined up. I heard a mention of Accrington.... then again maybe Elvis is still alive..

........... and working in Twerton Chippie.  

I really hope that is a reference to the brilliant Kirsty MacColl song.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by SASCHA Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:46 pm

I see we have released Miles John and Ashley Yeomen, really thankful for another couple of successful signings by this inspiring management team Rolling Eyes
Here we go again with a troubled youngster, hope he proves me wrong and I wish him well, for his sake and not Britton or Howells.
Please show some dignity and leave this club, many of us  can take no more of this.

SASCHA

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:20 pm

In what sense is Richards troubled? I might have missed something.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:47 pm

I assume Sascha is referring to his health scare. I also wish him well but cannot get excited about the latest in the long line of loan signings - club policy is clearly to use this outlet whenever our small squad is stretched, but in the long term the problems of the inadequate feeder channels need to be addressed.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:13 pm

comrade powell wrote:I assume Sascha is referring to his health scare.

I hope not - to me the word 'troubled' relates to someone who has caused problems at whichever clubs he's been at. By the sounds of things he's worked damn hard to get his career back on track and has gone through hell and back at a young age. Have to respect him for returning to playing so soon and hope he does well with us, or wherever he ends up.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristol Mike Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:53 pm

A fresh face might shake things up a bit, I would rather see a strong central midfielder come in as that's something we are missing.

Bristol Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:11 pm

To score goals strikers need to be sharp and this is why we have had a succession of non scoring loan strikers. They are only really getting fit by the end of their loan period. This lad may not even get a game which will be a shame for him as he will need game time.
As said above there are two things we need in midfield, a bit of bite and a lot of creativity. Possibly we could have had a bit of the latter from John but we will never know.
The home clubs will be a bit miffed if they keep sending us players and they get no game time. Although the duos assessment of Yeoman has done for his career.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:01 pm

looks like we have another loan signing in Danny Greenslade a left back. I hope he is good enough to play as I think Gallinagh is better on the right with Simmo at centre half. Plus we have missed a left sided player since Nicholson left.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Andy Gallinagh played left back most of last season and I don't think the fact that he wasn't left footed caused too many problems - this only appears to have become an issue since Nicholson left.

As I understand it Greenslade hasn't played above Southern League Premier level (when he was on loan at Truro last season) so it would seem a bit of a risk to throw him in on Saturday against the team second in the league.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down