Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minute's silence on Saturday .

2 posters

Go down

Minute's silence on Saturday . Empty Minute's silence on Saturday .

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:31 am

I ask as I am interested about how these events come about and was a bit confused to what Saturday's was . I know that it was partly for Rob Bullock - obviously who had a connection with the club - but did including Paris come from a League directive to all clubs or something? If so, did they specify that it was only for Paris and not for Beirut (or even Baghdad) as well? I am never quite sure how the decisions are made by the leagues what is relevant for a minute's silence and what isn't.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Minute's silence on Saturday . Empty Re: Minute's silence on Saturday .

Post by Luton Roman Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:20 pm

The 1 minute silence was for Rob and Paris. I guess you could link it to a range of recent tragedies. Presume it was sportswide on directive / agreement with the relevant sporting bodies.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Well, I wondered whether it had been a directive from the FA or the league or whether it had been the club's decision. If it was the latter, it is reasonable enough that they may not have been aware of the Beirut or Baghdad. If it is the former, they should know better.

I am interested generally in how reasons for minute's silences are chosen and this was a good opportunity to find out.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down