Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Allen

+5
kermit
comrade powell
Mark Tanner
Marc Monitor
LB
9 posters

Go down

Chris Allen Empty Chris Allen

Post by LB Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:06 pm

I see from Twitter this evening that Chris Allen has signed for Chippenham on a permanent basis.

LB

Back to top Go down

Chris Allen Empty Re: Chris Allen

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Bloody hell, take your boots on Saturday, everyone.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:53 pm

I guess Adie will be out scouting players this weekend then, rather than sat on the bench?
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

I think we're seeing the usual budget tightening departures after an early cup exit. Hopefully this will be the last one...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:30 am

I think it was bound to happen after a disastrous result in the cup. No matter how many times we are told that we don't budget for a run in the cup......we do. So we are probably 15k down after Tuesday.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:37 pm

I can't blame Chris Allen wanting to go. He is hardly getting a kick in a game. I'm still surprised Ben Adelsbury keeps plugging away. It can't be any good for him being on the bench. He's been here about three seasons now and doesn't appear to be any nearer a regular spot.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm

I don't remember too many posters being particularly pleased when he stayed in the summer - a few quite the opposite - so I don't think his departure is that big an issue. I'm certainly less bothered than I was about Davies going.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I'd imagine Barrow won't be long in staying either if he continues to warm the bench while our midfield continues to huff and puff. Quite why he wasn't given 80 minutes today following Artus's injury is perplexing - instead we had the predictable dirge from Chas.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I was one who would have released him at the end of last season. He looked good when he first came here and his best position appeared to be just behind the front 2. As with other players who come here he did not seem to be played to his strengths and his form dipped to the extent I did not see much point in keeping him on.
Having said that if he can stay fit and is given a settled role I would not be surprised to see him doing well at Chippenham.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:32 pm

comrade powell wrote:I'd imagine Barrow won't be long in staying either if he continues to warm the bench while our midfield continues to huff and puff. Quite why he wasn't given 80 minutes today following Artus's injury is perplexing - instead we had the predictable dirge from Chas.

Yes I agree. I could see no value in bringing Chas on except to show how much the midfield relies on Frankie (and Pratty). They were virtually non existent first half.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:15 pm

comrade powell wrote:I'd imagine Barrow won't be long in staying either if he continues to warm the bench while our midfield continues to huff and puff. Quite why he wasn't given 80 minutes today following Artus's injury is perplexing - instead we had the predictable dirge from Chas.

Agreed, that was the obvious change at the time.

Even then, as soon as the Sutton player was sent off Barrow should have been on straight away, not wait 5 minutes by which time any goal would have been a consolation.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down