Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 points from 3

+6
Colin Voutt
OliverH
miker
pete mac
yuffie
comrade powell
10 posters

Go down

3 points from 3 Empty 3 points from 3

Post by comrade powell Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Tough game today and I thought we battled well for that point. I thought it looked ominous when that huge striker found the net, but we defended well after that. Certainly the type of game which we have frequently lost in the past, proving that we are becoming tough to break down. A fine strike by Baldwin for our goal - what a pity Williams failed to connect properly for that chance at the end.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

3 points from 3 Empty Re: 3 points from 3

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Patchy performance today. Few spells were we looked good but never really put them under a decent period of pressure.

Agree that we showed a resilience that has not always been evident in recent seasons, a lot which I put down down to Steve Phillips.

Probably would have been a bit of an injustice had Williams struck late on but one I could have coped with (like Pratt's miss at Weston)!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:08 pm

We are hard to beat ..........9 games unbeaten.

Very happy with where we are.

The next couple of games will hopefully see us finding the net again.

Hopefully we'll keep Baldwin - top lad

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 pm

A bit worrying that todays attendance was 81 down on last week. Any thoughts as to why. I thought that the Dartford game, although goalless was decent entertainment but I fear that not winning that game may have put some "non hard core" supporters off.

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:12 pm

No away support compared to last week?

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by miker Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Could well be. I thought that the away support seemed to be roughly the same today as last week, but I have no actual evidence, Hemel certainly brought some to the game.

miker

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:38 pm

3 Saturdays in a row? I nearly sacked it off today to see a friend I hadn't seen in ages.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:34 am

miker wrote:Could well be. I thought that the away support seemed to be roughly the same today as last week, but I have no actual evidence, Hemel certainly brought some to the game.

The bar was packed before the game last week(sharp elbows required at the bar with there being no queuing). Not the case yesterday.

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:27 am

How did Hemel compare with Dartford on the pitch? I see that they have beaten them already. They looked a very strong, well organised team who had they concentrated on playing the football they looked capable of rather than gamesmanship may well have won the game. However this time last season we had lost at home to 3 of the teams who ended up in the play offs. I don't think we are going to be such push overs this time...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Generally another poor performance, not as bad as WSM,  BUT we got a point, so far I have seen nothing in any other team that they are better than us.  Hemel, as comrade alluded to, are the best so far and we have a fighting spirit which is going to be tested to the full in the next two away games.  

My biggest disappointment so far is Jon Davies, yet to show enough to get a starting place ahead of Andy Watkins;  Jon needs to work a lot harder when not in possession of the ball a la Dave Pratt.

If we can maintain the unbeaten run in league and cups then I would expect the attendances to increase quite considerably.  Four games in fifteen days where the majority of our supporters could easily attend may be one too many for some pockets so I would predict a healthy increase at the next home game as it may well be October (is the Cup game regionalised?).
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Yes, we won't be drawing Ferriby just yet! Must say I was most impressed with Davies in the first couple of games, but agree that he needs to do more to retain his place.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by James C Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 pm

They were a hard, physical side and the ref didn't help city much. Thought big chas played better than previous games this season but he needs to add a bit more oomph to his game. Perhaps john holloway can give him some special coaching session...

James C

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Agree that the only real disappointment of the season so far has been the performances of Jon Davies. I thought pre-season he looked as good as anyone we've signed for while but he's the only new arrival who hasn't looked better than what we had.

Hopefully he's a goal away from recapturing the pre-season form and I'd still keep him in the starting XI for a while yet.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Hemel are the best team we have come up against, certainly defensively. They are organised and hard to break down. They have also 11 points and are unbeaten away from home so obviously play for draws and hit on the counterattack. Maybe it is that terrible kit dazzling home teams.

I didn't think that Chas had a great one yesterday particularly. I thought that we decided to have Pratt and Nick up front to bulldoze our way through them with longer balls which didn't work at all. I wonder whether they saw something in previous games that suggested that they would be susceptible to it. I wouldn't have minded seeing Watkins come on for someone else and had three up front for a bit but, again, McCootie may have been knackered.

One odd thing yesterday was that Pratt went through a period of really misplacing passes, almost like he was overcomplicating them. Not a worry at all but, for him, so out of character. Still, although we aren't top, 9 out of 9 unbeaten and I am not sure that Phillips had to make one of his game-saving stops.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 pm

its great - no team is ever unbeaten after 9 just down to luck, except maybe FGR! (only joking..)

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down