Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City v Dartford

+4
LB
Beau Nash
kermit
Luton Roman
8 posters

Go down

City v Dartford Empty City v Dartford

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Phillips, Gallinagh, Nicholson, Baldwin, Ball, Hemmings, Kington, Williams, Pratt, Watkins, Artus.
Subs Bowman, McCootie, Addelsbury, Coupe, Davies.

Coupe paying the price for WSM anyone? or Baldiwn's pace needed against their front guy(s)?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

City v Dartford Empty Re: City v Dartford

Post by kermit Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Gerry, how do I get BCIR without being on Facebook?......I've found out!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Good ! I rarely listen unless 3 up with a minute to go, it always seems like agony !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:47 pm

As 0-0 games go this was an entertaining one for the most part.

Steve Phillips made an outstanding save in the first half and along with Kevin Nicholson have been our best players in the five games I have seen...excepting Havant where they had little defending to do.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:05 pm

I thought a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game. City probably had the better of the first 45 minutes, improving as the half went on without getting the breakthrough they deserved. Dartford had more of the game after the break, most of their best moves coming through the number 11, without ever really looking like scoring.

Although disappointing not to win, these are the sort of games it is equally important not to lose.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:22 pm

This was a game where our lack of pace in midfield was severely exposed.

Dartford were quick and strong (although for strong lads they spent a large proportion of the game rolling about on the lush turf). They had the better of the chances really although neither side did enough to win.

Nothing really came off for us but you cannot fault the commitment from the lads.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:23 pm

I think the number of games has caught up on all sides. Five 0-0s today and three other draws.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 pm

BenE wrote:This was a game where our lack of pace in midfield was severely exposed.

Dartford were quick and strong (although for strong lads they spent a large proportion of the game rolling about on the lush turf). They had the better of the chances really although neither side did enough to win.

Nothing really came off for us but you cannot fault the commitment from the lads.

I do agree that they were quick and strong - the first side I've seen us play this season who edged us in those two areas.

I think we did enough that had we nicked a goal it wouldn't have been an undeserved win though - probably more deserved than the point we got at Weston. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dartford in the play-off mix at the business end of the season so it wasn't a bad point.

Last edited by yuffie on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Interesting that they had 6 of their academy players in the squad - 4 started. Shows it can be done.
Also they seemed to enjoy the bath city radio commentary; "very fair" it says on their forum.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down