Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to buy community shares + ask further questions

+13
BenE
Eddie Hitler
pete mac
Marc Monitor
Luton Roman
Major Icewater
OliverH
Ashley
Mark Tanner
2weirdtown
Steve Whites Missus
MattC
comrade powell
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to buy community shares + ask further questions Empty How to buy community shares + ask further questions

Post by comrade powell Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 am

Firstly, many thanks to all supporters who attended last night's launch at the Guildhall. The Bid team hopes you found it enjoyable and informative and, of course, now feel inspired to buy shares!

Whether you attended the meeting or not, please go to the link below to find out how to buy community shares and access the prospectus...

http://www.bigbathcitybid.org.uk/how-to-buy.html

We feel it's important that supporters have a further opportunity to ask questions of the team, especially about the buying and transferring of shares, so we have booked Randalls for a Q + A session - this will start at 7.30 pm on Monday 15 June. Of course, this will also be an opportunity for those who were unable to get there last night, and copies of the prospectus should be available.

It would help the organisers if we had some idea of the expected number, so please pm me if you would like to attend.

And please spread the word about this meeting!

Last edited by comrade powell on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am; edited 3 times in total
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

How to buy community shares + ask further questions Empty Re: How to buy community shares + ask further questions

Post by MattC Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:46 am

I was massively impressed by the evening and well done and thanks to all of those involved.

(Grumpy)

MattC

Back to top Go down

How to buy community shares + ask further questions Empty Re: How to buy community shares + ask further questions

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Will the Ken Loach produced video from last night be available on the bid website? I wasn't able to attend last night, but would like to watch the video.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Ken commissioned the video only, though I do know he gave some 'pointers' to those making it.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:Will the Ken Loach produced video from last night be available on the bid website?  I wasn't able to attend last night, but would like to watch the video.

I've just asked about this - hopefully it will be up soon! The film was made by Ben o'Connor, a friend of Oliver's. When you see it, I think you'll agree that he did a great job.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Looked at the Microgenius website, which is the online route to buying shares.
Impressive results for Lewes FC and Hastings Pier projects.  Both oversubscribed.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

I've given this follow up event a bit of a plug on my site along with a top 5 things you need to know:

http://www.mtannersports.com/5-things-you-need-to-know-big-bath-city-bid-june-2015/

I'll definitely try and make the follow up event instead of playing football like last night! Unsurprisingly I didn't score...
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:54 pm

£21,800 online, good start.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:33 pm

A small percentage compared against the people at the launch night. Hopefully it'll ramp up come pay day towards the end of the month.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

If you buy online via Microgenius nothing goes out of your account until/unless we are successful in September.

I personally view these "donation trackers" as a bit of a necessary evil as fundraisers like the Bell brought in most of the donations in the final weeks.

Please don't get trapped in the mindset of "well I'll see if they get to 25% and maybe I'll think about it" because - guess what - we'll never get anywhere if everyone does that!!

YOU DO NOT NEED £250 (OR £100,000!!) IN YOUR ACCOUNT RIGHT THIS MINUTE TO BUY

Obviously be sensible, but as long as you are confident you will be able to make the payment in September, you can pre-authorise the payment on Microgenius TODAY.

OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Well said. Hopefully we'll see a steady flow of subscribers through the next few months.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Interesting thoughts in discussions with other supporters after the Guildhall meeting.
I assume those  various discussion points may be brought up at the Q & A session but may be worth mentioning on here.

1.  If someone owns 200 existing shares do they simply put them into the pot but if so do they need to provide a further £50 to make up the minimum investment of £250.
2.  If they are unable to commit the additional £50  then what happens.
3.  If someone was opposed to the new scheme could they be forced to sell their current shares and if so at what price.

I think most existing shareholders would be in support of the community project as were those at the Guildhall. The problem is that most supporters are probably in the category of minimum £250 investment level and exist in insufficient numbers to make any real impact on the massive funds required for the bid.
In reality for the amounts required much of the investment has to come from "external" sources.

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Yep that's why it has to be a community bid not a fans bid.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Just a reminder that I'd appreciate anyone intending to come on Monday, letting me know via pm.

Thanks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 pm

The thing to remember is that, firstly, we do need outside investors and a lot of them are going to be businesses, secondly, people have been and are talking to businesses all the time and, thirdly, businesses take longer to decide whether to invest in stuff like this and then actually draw up the cheques/transfers/whatever.

Finally, don't forget that it is now up to supporters and community shareholders to bring in other individuals and companies to invest.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:26 pm

£50k hit online

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Really positive.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Hitler Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:37 am

I've contacted about 15 businesses and have been very surprised at the positive response which I'm hoping will result in at least 3 contributions!
Eddie Hitler
Eddie Hitler

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:56 am

That's the spirit! Great work.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Yes, well done Eddie!
One of the people at Monday's Q + A session said he had emailed everyone in the company he works at with Bid details.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 am

When the bid is successful I presume one of the first tasks will be to arrange a meeting of shareholders to appoint a board. Is it anticipated that the board will consist of people offering their time free or has director remuneration been considered?

Will shareholders be able to instigate EGMs?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 am

Yes shareholders will be able to instigate EGMs - for the proposed constitution, please scroll down to the bottom of this page and download "Model Rules": http://www.bigbathcitybid.org.uk/how-to-buy.html

The board will be unpaid but we have budgeted for a paid general manager to handle the day-to-day running of the club.

For the sake of continuity at interim board (likely comprising members of the existing board) will take the reins for the 2015/16 season with the first board elections taking place towards the end of the season.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 am

Just back from meeting with a business with 15 shops in and around Bath. They're going to buy shares, and want to do something linking their shops into the Bid more closely. Watch this space.

Raising a large sum to secure the club's future was never going to be easy, but the support is there if we all put the effort in. And it's not just about getting the money in - it's about making Bath City much more relevant to everyone locally than it currently is.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm

SteveBradley wrote:Just back from meeting with a business with 15 shops in and around Bath. They're going to buy shares, and want to do something linking their shops into the Bid more closely. Watch this space.

Raising a large sum to secure the club's future was never going to be easy, but the support is there if we all put the effort in. And it's not just about getting the money in - it's about making Bath City much more relevant to everyone locally than it currently is.

Nice work.

I have just realised the Bath Bid logo is only a colour change away from being the Tesco value brand logo Smile

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Steve - well done. Also positive that the Chronicle seem to be taking more interest.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next