Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coupe Returns

+4
SteveS
comrade powell
Luton Roman
Steve Whites Missus
8 posters

Go down

Coupe Returns Empty Coupe Returns

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:53 am

Well sort of...

Britton revealed former player Matt Coupe, who featured against Shepton, is likely to sign a temporary contract to cover injuries in the squad.

Bath Chron Article

I hope this doesn't stop us signing Matthews

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Coupe Returns Empty Re: Coupe Returns

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:35 am

Agreed. Probably looking for that experienced spine. As long as Coupe doesnt have to run too far it might give us short term strength there. Wealdstone have injuries and bans as well with their superb keeper fighting to be fit.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:56 am

But we've got some tough games coming up, going by last season's table. I fear Phillips could be very busy....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I have always been a Matt Coupe fan and we have missed the organisation and leadership he gives. Last season we gave away lots of soft goals and far to many players were standing around looking at each other with no one taking responsibility. No chance of that with Matt around - just look at Tigers pictures.
My concerns are he was never blessed with pace and at 36 he is not getting any quicker.There are difficult matches coming up and I would not like to see him exposed, we all know what he will do in that situation. Would hate for the good memories to be ruined by some poor performances at the end of his career. Really hope he can do a job for a few games.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Luke Matthews is one of the most assured teenaged defenders I've ever seen - especially at this level. Up to now he's never flapped or got himself into trouble, and already looks a more complete defender than that panic monkey Walshy ever was. I appreciate that it'll be a bit different once the heat of Conference battle kicks in, but I think I've seen enough of him to suspect that he's a real prospect, and worth getting on a contract - if for nothing else so that we can sell him on to someone decent a little way down the line.

I do love Coupey, but come on, I loved Scott Partridge too, but I wouldn't get him back, either.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:Luke Matthews is one of the most assured teenaged defenders I've ever seen - especially at this level. Up to now he's never flapped or got himself into trouble, and already looks a more complete defender than that panic monkey Walshy ever was.

I agree.  I also liked the way he sometimes just hoofed the ball into the stand when it looked like possible danger.  We could have done with that a few times last season.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Player news on the website.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Good, thats positive news.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Phew!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Aha, we had to wait for international clearance for Bradley Williams. That phrase always strikes excitement in my heart. Not because I think we have signed a Brazilian or Italian hitherto unknown to me but because it is usually another Taff. I see this one played for the club formerly known as Cardiff City but his hometown club is Hereford. Is he actually one of my countrymen?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:29 pm

I've never fully understood why Cardiff players need international clearance if they play in the English league?

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:54 pm

They are registered to the FAW. That is why Cardiff and Swansea get different bans and fines from English clubs as they are set by the FAW. Actually, that is a point, he is probably not Welsh but registered to the FAW through Cardiff City and they have to change the registration to the FAE
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Delighted to see that Luke has been signed. Perhaps Matt will teach him the ruggedness required in a centre-half too.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down