Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be a Roman for a day

3 posters

Go down

Be a Roman for a day  Empty Be a Roman for a day

Post by Dave Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:43 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/1652351225051994/ cheers

Sunday at 12:15
4 days from now · 22°C/14°C Chance of Rain
Show Map
Twerton Park
Twerton Park, BA2 1DB Bath, Somerset

Created for Bath City FC Popular Side Singers - Black and White Barmy Army

Rome wasn't built in a day, but YOU can be a Roman for a day this Sunday.
Feel what the boys in black and white feel as they arrive at the ground and prepare for a match in the official changing rooms. Live the experience of a Bath City hero as you cross the threshold onto the hallowed turf of Twerton Park, adorning the famous stripes to strut your stuff at the Home of Football.

For just £15 you could take your place in the annals of history by scoring a winner at the Bath End just like Birdy, Charlie, Scotty or Dave Pratt, or making that heroic last minute tackle or save like Kenny Allen, Dave Mogg, Evo or Steve Phillips.

All proceeds from this fundraising event will go towards the Big Bath City Bid. All ages (14+) and abilities are welcome to play, as with last year's match the focus is on fun and inclusion.
Kit will be provided, just ensure you bring your boots, shinpads and a towel.

Meet time at Twerton Park is 12:15pm. Kick off is 1pm, admission for family, friends and other spectators is free.

To book your place please email davephillipsbath@sky.com or find me at the friendly tonight or the Wealdstone match on Saturday, I should be easily recognisable, I'm the fitness model waving a scarf in my profile photo.

Event photo by Màrtín Clèavèr

Dave

Back to top Go down

Be a Roman for a day  Empty Re: Be a Roman for a day

Post by Dave Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:26 am

Still spaces left for anyone interested in playing on Sunday, just let me know:)

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Here is a little write up for the day and a cheeky little video: http://www.mtannersports.com/romans-for-a-day-report-2015/
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

You've written a report for a game you didn't attend?! I can't be bothered to write the Nomads one from last night (less so as we lost), if you're up for it give me a shout Cool
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

The headline would be

'Rowlands at the double'
Bath City Supporters Jack Rowlands pulled on a Bath Rangers shirt to terrorise a shaky Nomads defence yet again. The young striker has scored 7 in two games against the Nomads whilst contributing two assists in the last few weeks.

The interest was there for a report and it gives the Bid some more coverage. Sorry if it's not to your taste. In my eyes though it's a win win and took very little time to write.

I'm working so much these days that if I didn't write about sports events the site would be a very boring place (event more boring than usual!). Unless you want to hear about my night shift last night or how I changes the offers around on Tuesday?
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:24 pm

I did "Rowled over" last week when he scored five. But aside from that I'm half tempted to steal that opener Wink

Don't apologise for when you can/can't update it, you're doing it voluntarily and work comes first. Never get to the point where it's not enjoyable. I update the (dross) Nomads site far less frequently now as I came to the conclusion that probably only 20 or so people read it, so they'll cope if I don't stick reports up for a day/week or two. And if they don't they need to get out more.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down