Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall

+12
MattC
pete mac
BenE
2weirdtown
Timbo_b-o-a
Dave
yuffie
Luton Roman
Mark Tanner
Marc Monitor
comrade powell
OliverH
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall Empty Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall

Post by OliverH Tue May 05, 2015 7:53 pm

The Big Bath City Bid will officially launch its community share offer prospectus on Tuesday June 2, with a public event in the Banqueting Room of the Guildhall in Bath.

The event will kick off an action-packed three-month fundraising campaign during which people from Bath and beyond will be able to subscribe to the community share issue and support the bid’s aim of turning Bath City FC into a community-owned club.

BBCB chair Jon Bickley said:

“This is an historic opportunity to revitalise Bath City FC and create a community club that is truly at the heart of the city. With the best of Bath invested and involved, we can build the football club our city deserves: sustainable, forward-looking and brimming with fresh ideas and enthusiasm.”

There will be a formal presentation of the prospectus by the bid team and an audience Q&A. Prospective investors will get to take home a copy of the share prospectus or even sign up to buy shares on the night.

Former Hull City MD and local businessman Nick Thompson is leading the development of the business plan and share prospectus.

Nick said:

“We know that we are asking for a big investment from the local community – people will rightly expect to see a solid and sustainable business plan before they buy shares. We are confident that we have the right approach to return the club to profitability and look forward to publishing the prospectus on June 2.”

The event will start at 6.30pm and is free and open to all. It will feature the first screening of a new promotional film supporting the bid commissioned by the iconic film director and diehard Bath City fan, Ken Loach.

VIPs from the world of business, sport, government, education, philanthropy and the arts will be invited. The choice of the Guildhall as a venue reflects the Big Bath City Bid team’s belief that Bath City FC can play a central role in Bath’s social fabric.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall Empty Re: Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall

Post by comrade powell Wed May 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Just to underline what Oliver has posted above, the event is free and open to all.

The Bid team would like to get an idea of numbers attending in advance. If you hope to attend, please go to our website at...

http://www.bigbathcitybid.org.uk/

and confirm by entering your name and email address.

Many thanks
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall Empty Re: Community Share Offer to launch JUNE 2 with public event at Guildhall

Post by Marc Monitor Tue May 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello all, here is the Facebook page for the launch night to state your interest and share widely - https://www.facebook.com/events/836028009808147/
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Just to say that there are still spaces for this, it really needs a lot of actual supporters there and, contrary to what has been previously suggested, the minimum share price is £250 not £500.

Marc Thomas, Big Bath City Bid team member
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Fri May 29, 2015 8:32 am

Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat May 30, 2015 2:21 pm

A request to all forum members....

We have contacted all Society and SC members who are online about the Launch Event and phoned some who aren't. If you know any supporters who have not got email access, please flag up the event. We want as many City supporters there as possible!

And there's an ex Millwall legend coming...

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Ian-Holloway-Jason-Dodd-guests-honour-Big-Bath/story-26597253-detail/story.html
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun May 31, 2015 4:22 pm

I've seen the t shirts and badges but will there be other merchandise available such as car stickers, mugs etc that can be purchased during the next 3 months to keep the publicity going and offer people easy and immediate ways to contribute.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun May 31, 2015 5:09 pm

We have been talking about this and, after Tuesday, I expect we will be looking at other ways of publicising the bid. As usual, any suggestions gratefully accepted especially if people are in a position to get get stuff made, printed, promoted publicised etc.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Given we have not had a unique sponsor on the back of the teams shirts since the 2006-07 Southern League winning season (my, then, unofficial website, though I don't take all the credit for the success that year) how about seeing if the club would print the bid logo on the back of the 15/16 shirts?

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun May 31, 2015 6:41 pm

We'd look pretty silly if it failed come September mind. If we're going to use last season's or previous kits for pre season though, a temporary ironing on of bid logos to the front could be worth the effort

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun May 31, 2015 7:05 pm

I like that idea and I'll forward it to the Bid team.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Given the importance of tomorrow night's event, does it not deserve mention on the main website page? There appears to be no details or information about it on bathcityfc.com at all, nor a link to the BBCB page...
scratch
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Not good perhaps, but given it's taken this long for anyone to notice, doesn't look as though many are viewing this site.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Timbo, I wouldn't imagine the club were asked to advertise it - it's not a club organised event.

just a reminder to anyone who has not signed up to come tomorrow - please go to the Bid website and fill in your details.

At present we are expecting at least 250. It should be good!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:11 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 pm

a very professional presentation from the team. star of the show was 'ollie' who clearly loves having a mic in his hand.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 am

Just to echo what BenE said....all the speakers were great. I was impressed with Nick Thompson......calm and knowledgable.....but the whole team is professional and passionate.....Shane and William H spoke well.....it was a good balance all round and at a great venue.

Now it just needs people to get behind an inspiring cause.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by MattC Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 am

pete mac wrote:Just to echo what BenE said....all the speakers were great. I was impressed with Nick Thompson......calm and knowledgable.....but the whole team is professional and passionate.....Shane and William H spoke well.....it was a good balance all round and at a great venue.

Now it just needs people to get behind an inspiring cause.

Nick Thompson was hugely impressive, is it known if he plans to stay on in some capacity or is just part of the bid team?

MattC

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 pm

We certainly hope he will stay on!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:05 pm

As someone who, with Shane, Oliver, Martin and others, has been the 'terrace' representative s in meetings so far, I have been impressed with Nick. Like Shane, he has always got the balance exactly right between all interested parts and interests - supporters, businesses, the wider community - which is difficult to do. He also has a great amount of credibility of being someone who has experience in successfully running a football club already. Not many community ownership bids have that sort of experience on board already. Having checked with Hull City supporters, it is interesting to hear that he is well thought of by them as well and obviously was the right side of "Tigergate". I was also pleased to hear that he wouldn't have considered getting involved if it wasn't for the community ownership aspect of this so he obviously isn't an asset grabbing type like some.

Anyway, 3 days gone, 2% of the initial £750,000 paid already and that is before the business shares are bought. Brilliant!

http://www.microgenius.org.uk/project/big-bath-city-bid-33
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes Marc, vencouraging, but I thought Points West said we had raised £60k on the launch evening. Maybe I heard wrong.

Last edited by kermit on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:00 pm

comrade powell wrote:We certainly hope he will stay on!

If voted in by the community shareholders....

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:32 am

and Ian Holloway for manager - now that would be something special.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 am

Steve Whites Missus wrote:
comrade powell wrote:We certainly hope he will stay on!

If voted in by the community shareholders....

Well, presently, Nick is staying on as part of the Bid team and no other roles at present are up for grabs so, in many ways, he is the same as the rest of us who have bought shares. He would only need voting onto anything when roles on any new board of directors come up but we aren't anywhere near there yet.

Last edited by Marc Monitor on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:45 am

kermit wrote:Yes Marc, vencouraging, but I thought Points West said we had raised £60k on the launch evening. Maybe I heard wrong.

Yes, I think you heard wrong unless they meant pledges but I haven't anything to that effect about pledges either.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next