Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Ferriby for sale

+10
comrade powell
Dodgycarpet
the demon headmaster
Skyblue
Marc Monitor
SteveBradley
Luton Roman
yuffie
Steve Whites Missus
Roman Mike
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

North Ferriby for sale Empty North Ferriby for sale

Post by Roman Mike Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

North Ferriby for sale Empty Re: North Ferriby for sale

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

No good now, they have been to Wembley

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:05 pm

POP

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 pm

They're getting out at the top !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Probably sensible from the owners' point of view.

It's not likely to get much better for a club with a population of 4,000 without crazy levels of spending by them. So get out when things are on a high.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Hold on, the club got to their current position before the Fosters got involved and they are still there now. From a football point of view, they are in exactly the same place. I am not sure whether they are better off in terms of finance or improvements to the ground.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:32 pm

The article says that he came in to 'relieve the financial burden'. This suggests that they spent money they didn't have to get to the Conference North. To then finish 2nd in the Conference North on crowds of 250 must have meant the owners were pumping more money into the club.

Maybe their crowd dropping by 400 between the first and second home games after the Trophy win showed that only by continuing to bankroll the club could they hope to further progress so now was the perfect time to get out.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Seems like I was spot on.

https://www.facebook.com/northferribyutd

And it doesn't appear to answer the rumours that the majority of players have said they are leaving because the club is going to take voluntary demotion.

Seems the semi-final tie wasn't quite the even contest it appeared when we drew them Evil or Very Mad

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:26 am

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 am

The article says Denton is a midfielder!

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:22 am

Denton a midfielder? They only had defence and attack.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am

Hey let's not forget we are spending money we don't have - lots if it - every year. Pot kettle black and all that!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 am

Quite. Does anyone know of an alternative way forward for our club?!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 pm

It will be interesting to see where their players end up. Up until now, I thought we lost to a team at our level, who simply had a fantastic cup run.

Perhaps the players they did have would be good enough to hold their own in the Conference Premier. This doesn't make losing on penalties easier to take, but I can understand better how we did lose if we were playing a bankrolled team of players, some of who are probably too good for the Conference North.

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Well firstly we didn't lose and we didn't win because of our approach to the home leg and dodgy defending. A desire to play expansive football like we did at Rovers and Wealdstone would have seen off that limited team at Twerton.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:41 pm

I was also a little miffed because it looked like we hadnt practised penalties. I know someone said NF hadnt either, but they clearly knew they didnt need to!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Bear Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:44 pm

comrade powell wrote:Well firstly we didn't lose and we didn't win because of our approach to the home leg and dodgy defending. A desire to play expansive football like we did at Rovers and Wealdstone would have seen off that limited team at Twerton.

Quite so Comrade. Basketball

Lord Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Lord Who?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Dodgycarpet wrote:I was also a little miffed because it looked like we hadnt practised penalties.  I know someone said NF hadnt either, but they clearly knew they didnt need to!

Well, when our two first choice penalty takers miss it suggests practice wouldn't have helped.

And at the risk of going over old ground, I think our performance for the first hour of the first leg was down to the (fully understandable) tension than any deliberate tactic to play poorly.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:10 pm

And McCootie s introduction at ht seemingly a clear admission from Arch that he should have started to help win the physical battle.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Management may be guilty of quite a few things, but I don't think anyone has ever suggested that they have had a tactic to deliberately play poorly - more often it is a question of whether there are any tactics at all.

I agree that it is going over old ground, but the problem against North Ferriby in the home leg was that in the first half we played too negatively and sat too deep, inviting them to come at us - I have lost count of how many points we have dropped at home because of the same approach, either by going behind and playing catch up (most recently Bromley), or going in front and sitting back (too often to mention). In view of the prize at stake, if ever there was a day to go for it from the start then that was it.

Luton Roman's comment about the introduction of Nick McCootie assumes that Lee Howells admitted that he made a mistake...

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:32 pm

If we win and/or play well it's despite the management.

If we lose and/or play badly it's because of the management.

Hey ho.

Luton Roman wrote:And McCootie s introduction at ht seemingly a clear admission from Arch that he should have started to help win the physical battle.

Possibly, although the real turning point of the game was the penalty as, even after the introduction of McCootie, we looked desperately nervous and Ferriby were well on top. When we scored the whole balance of the game shifted and it was suddenly Ferriby who were understandably tense.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:41 pm

However yuffie pratt's penalty in the first leg was actually an awful penalty. Theirs were all excellent right into the corner and sent Jason the wrong way. I really wanted to fight my way to behind the goal and shout to jase to just wait and see where it was going. By going early they just slotted it the other side.

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:35 am

Dodgycarpet wrote:However yuffie pratt's penalty in the first leg was actually an awful penalty. Theirs were all excellent right into the corner and sent Jason the wrong way. I really wanted to fight my way to behind the goal and shout to jase to just wait and see where it was going. By going early they just slotted it the other side.

North Ferriby for sale Ferrib12 North Ferriby for sale Ferrib13 North Ferriby for sale Ferrri10North Ferriby for sale Ferrib14

These were the first two penalties Ferriby took, in both cases Jase went the right way. Because I can freeze the footage frame by frame and measure the time to hundredths of a second (sad I know), in both cases the difference in time between the two images are exactly 0.21 seconds. There is no-one on this planet can wait to see which way the ball is being kicked and then react in 0.21 seconds. Out of interest I timed Pratty's & Stearney's pens and they were almost the exactly same time (Stearney's was 0.23) but so close to the keeper which meant he didn't exactly save them, they just hit hit him.

The fact is, Ferriby's first two pens were unstoppable & Bath's first two were awful.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 am

This what the first pen looks like in real time

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next