Next Season's Possible New Opposition

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next Season's Possible New Opposition

Post by kermit on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:44 pm

OK so not involving City, but the battle between Barnet and Gasheads looks a cracker. If Barnet drag themselves over the finishing line what odds for a Forest Gump v Rovers final?
kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:39 am

As rovers abd FGR finished 1st and 4th it will be the first leg - shame. Did make me realise we would have more local derbies if we got promoted to conf prem now Cheltenham are coming down.

Dodgycarpet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:52 am

Especially if Grimsby go up.
kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LB on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

With Corby winning the Southern Premier and 3 northern teams coming down from Conference Premier it does look as if there will have to be some movement between the North and South Divisions - the only really likely movers would seem to be Gloucester and Oxford.

As for the teams coming up, hopefully neither Truro or Margate get through the play-offs!

LB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 am

I thought Poole won the league
kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am

Nope. It was close though. Poole needed a draw. It was goalless at half time, which would have taken them up. But Corby got two quick goals just after half-time, and it sounded like they were unlucky not to get a third, which had them topping the table. Then Poole dragged it back to 2-2, reversing the positions, before Corby got an 81st minute winner, giving them the title.

Must have been gutting for Poole. I wonder if they'll keep their heads for the play-off semi final against St Neots this week? Meanwhile in the other tie, Truro will play Hungerford.

In the Isthmian, Maidstone won, as expected, and the play-offs will be: Hendon v Enfield and Margate v Dulwich Hamlet.

The four to go down from The Conference were Telford, Nuneaton, Dartford and Alfreton, which means we get Dartford and the other three go North.

As it stands, that means that there's certain to be six clubs from the Northern catchment area that make up the ten that will be moving into either Conference South or North, so we must surely get either Oxford City or Gloucester down in the South.

And of course, St Neots could easily put a spanner in the works if they win their play-off!

Anyone in the top three tiers looking like they may go bust or get relegated in the AGM Cup?

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks for that, Roy!
So, here's hoping for a Hungerford/Poole play off final and Margate not getting past Dulwich this week.
And can we dream of Xmas/New Year fixtures with Glos next year and games with WSM on August and Spring bank holidays?
comrade powell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 am

comrade powell wrote:And can we dream of Xmas/New Year fixtures with Glos next year and games with WSM on August and Spring bank holidays?

Would love that, as I think we all would!

Does anyone know if Enfield have been allowed into the play offs? There has been some issues with a player they registered (they pointed out the error by the previous clubs, but are some how in trouble for it) and I know the Ryman League & FA were looking at it, but I can't see any updates.

Jon_BOA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Sounds like Enfield have a decent case due to the other club not nputting the correct records to the FA database:

http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk/news/red-card-protest-1420419.html?

Luton Roman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm

If The FA do dig in and refuse to listen - and they have a record for doing just that - then the three-point fine will mean that The Metropolitan Police and not Enfield will enter the play-offs. Better hurry up though - I think the first leg is tomorrow!

*Edit*

The first leg is Thursday, and the Isthmian League have not yet put any club names into the fixture list for their senior league play-offs (whereas they have for the other two divisions). This could be an interesting couple of days!)

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Here's an official statement from the Ryman League on the matter…

Ryman League Statement

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm sure there was something similar to this several years ago when there was a problem with one of the teams who had qualified for the play offs. Everyone assumed their place would be given to the next highest club, but in fact the 2nd placed team were given a bye to the final.
comrade powell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 am

I would guess that Met Police would get a play-off place as they would finish in 5th spot once Enfield lose points. The bye to the final normally comes in when one top 5 team misses out for ground/finance reasons.

And regarding the likely chance that a team switches from the North, one we haven't considered it Lowestoft.

yuffie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 am

yuffie wrote:And regarding the likely chance that a team switches from the North, one we haven't considered it Lowestoft.
Cheer us up why don't you!
However, I think they have to stay in the north for a 2nd season before having a chance to move.
kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 am

here's an unpleasant trip - Truro to Histon. 341 miles each way. a bit rubbish for step 7.
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:21 am

kermit wrote:
yuffie wrote:And regarding the likely chance that a team switches from the North, one we haven't considered it Lowestoft.
Cheer us up why don't you!
However, I think they have to stay in the north for a 2nd season before having a chance to move.

That was my understanding of the issue, which was the only reason I didn't mention them. But when have the Conference never stunned us with their logic?!

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 am

BenE wrote:here's an unpleasant trip - Truro to Histon. 341 miles each way. a bit rubbish for step 7.

Truro to Margate is only eight miles shorter, if they both manage to get through the play-offs!

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm

So we know who the finalists of the Southern League play-off match is going to be.

Truro City hit a late winner in a tense tie against Hungerford in front of a gate of 820 - in a game also remarkable for a substitute appearance of one Barry Hayles, who must surely be older than me..

In the other semi, St Neots also nipped a 1-0 win at Poole, in a match apparently spoiled by some bad behaviour from some Poole fans. Not altogether sad that they never made it then. The attendance there was a very reasonable 841.

This sets up a final between Cornwall's Truro and Cambridgeshire's St Neots - a journey of some 331 miles. I believe that Truro have the home advantage.

And in the Southern League South & West play-offs, Larkhall took an impressive 3-0 win at Evesham, while Taunton lost 2-1 at Stratford, after taking the lead early on. Still, they've got the Somerset Premier Cup final against Yeovil to look forward to, I guess!

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Southern League Premier:

Poole 0-1 St Neots
Truro 1-0 Hungerford

Congratulations also to Larkhall who are in the Division 1 S/W final after beating Evesham 3-0 tonight. They play Stratford away in the final on Monday I think.

Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 pm

My post looks pathetic compared to Roy's...

Ashley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Yeah, but you kept it brief. More people will read yours because of that!

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Go St. NEOTS. 30 miles away.

Luton Roman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Got to be better than Truro.
kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:24 pm

We wouldn't get them in the Conference South, mind. But it would make it more likely that we'd get both Gloucester and Oxford City down south though.

Roy D Hacksaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 am

St Neots closer for me too! Gloucester would be my nearest but still 90 minutes away!

pete mac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top