Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemel Hempstead Highlights

+3
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
Skyblue
7 posters

Go down

Hemel Hempstead Highlights Empty Hemel Hempstead Highlights

Post by Skyblue Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:12 am

One of the most entertaining games I've seen at Twerton Park. Fair play to Hemel, they kept going for it even when down to 9 men. Couldn't decide whether the Walshy incident was deliberate or not, Walshy was always second to that ball but somehow the Hemel player missed it & elbowed Walshy instead. Can't believe we didn't score at least 5 or 6 but again Hemel put bodies in the way. The voice in the background is Bally who is as passionate off the pitch as on it, at one stage Archie came out of the dugout to see who was shouting so much.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Hemel Hempstead Highlights Empty Re: Hemel Hempstead Highlights

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:34 pm

great highlights, Skyblue - many thanks!

Bally wasn't the only one with passion towards the end - thank goodness we kept our guard up!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Beat me to it - I was going to ask which voice you were referring to!

Better game than I remember watching that. I can't believe that late chance of theirs sneaked past the post.

First red card looks a little bit harsh. Was Watkins really in a clear goalscoring opportunity? He's about to go a bit further wide and their full-back is coming across. Can't comment on the second but Q said it was nailed on (was he the one that elbowed Walshy early on?) and the third is about the most blatant red card you'll ever see.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:21 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Better game than I remember watching that. I can't believe that late chance of theirs sneaked past the post.

Left quite a lot out, thought people might get bored. I think our keeper would claim a good save on the one that sneaked past the post, I couldn't tell but the ref gave a corner so I'm sure he'll claim the save.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Hemel Hempstead Highlights Empty Great footage

Post by pete mac Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Great footage thanks Skyblue.

Jason made some good saves.

Suspect Sunday will be tight and physical so what chances we get we must take.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:38 pm

pete mac wrote:Great footage thanks Skyblue.

Jason made some good saves.

Suspect Sunday will be tight and physical so what chances we get we must take.

Cheers Pete, I don't know who was more frustrated, me or Bally at the chances that went begging (I had to filter out some of the more choice comments). It seems (generally in football not just here) that when a team concedes, the defence/keeper cops for the criticism but when the forwards miss an opportunity, they get applauded. On the plus side, we are creating plenty of chances & I thought McCootie did well in a supporting role but we seem to be relying too much on Pratty to put them away. If he gets injured/suspended/has an off day, where are the goals coming from?

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Good question and from the evidence of the Chelmsford game, we will struggle. When McCootie broke away in the 2nd half, I wonder who was less confident of him scoring - him or the crowd?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:04 pm

I was chatting to Bally about not putting Ross Stearn on because of his reluctance to track back, although you could argue he might have got a hat full on Tuesday, we'll never know. But I was wondering about Stearny up front with Pratty. Watto seems to have dropped back into a midfield/supporting role (and does it very well), Bally & Bowman are excellent wing backs so can provide the width (if Bally isn't at centre back) and McCootie can hold the ball up well and also support the forward(s), maybe just behind (in front?) of Pratty would be the best place for Stearn. Someone who is selfish, single minded and just wants to score goals would have bagged 3 or 4 against Hemel.

Just a thought.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Who said he was not being put on because of his reluctance to track back?

I think Stearn and Pratty play well together, but I do like to see McCootie up front. If he can stay fit hopefully we'll see more from him especially goals.

I think Watkin has to chip in with more goals otherwise we are making it difficult for ourselves by constantly leaving one of our two best goalscorers on the bench. The argument that he is selfish doesn't wash as other players don't have the scoring return that he does despite keeping him out of the team. All goalscorers are a bit selfish.

Having said this I doubt he can be fit. Jogging on to the pitch for 1 second of game time (must be a world record) will not get him up to speed.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Did Ball say that the management aren't picking Stearn for not tracking back? Bloody hell, this is the sort of rubbish that sees Rooney lauded for being in a left back position when he is supposed to be upfront. I want to see strikers closing down defenders and goalies not tracking back and being at the wrong end of the pitch.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:55 pm

I don't know where this tracking back 'myth' comes from. Stearn worked hard when he came on against Chelmsford. Is it just an agenda promoted by the doomsayers?

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyblue Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:10 am

Sorry if I caused any confusion, the "tracking back" comment was mine not Bally's. It was around the time that Ash came on, I said they probably won't put Stearny on because at that stage even with 9 men Hemel were doing what most teams do in that situation, chuck everyone forward as you might as well lose by 3 or 4 than defend a 1 nil loss. I was assuming that was the management's thinking. It was more in frustration at our inability to see teams off. The Gosport game was exactly the same, we should have been 2 or 3 up in that game by half time & they should have been down to 10 men. I said at half time we would regret those missed chances.

Skyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down