Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glos away in the trophy!

+8
Mark Tanner
threeday week
2weirdtown
tigerroar
Jon_BOA
stillmanjunior
kermit
comrade powell
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glos away in the trophy! Empty Glos away in the trophy!

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:18 pm

that could be interesting! Charlie Griffin, Adam Connolly, Mike Green, Scott Wilson, Mark Preece (?), Tigerballs....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Glos away in the trophy! Empty Re: Glos away in the trophy!

Post by kermit Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Makes a change from a trip round the M25
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Preece is at Chippenham (I think) and Wilson has moved on too.

But yes, nice to have a different trip and our first visit to Whaddon Road since an FA Cup replay against Cheltenham in 1996. Arch scored...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 pm

comrade powell wrote:that could be interesting! Charlie Griffin, Adam Connolly, Mike Green, Scott Wilson, Mark Preece (?), Tigerballs....

Preece is at Chippenham now (!) but what a decent draw, happy days. Although Palmer tells me it will be played on the Sunday as Cheltenham are at home that Saturday.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon_BOA Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Ah, Stillman got in a second before me there!

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Yes, a real shame it won't be on the Saturday. That would have created a lot of interest and decent travelling support - not so sure about a Sunday...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I told Palmer that as well! I'm the spokesperson for this game...

If we draw will the replay be only two days later? I'll have a couple of hours to compile a programme. I'd almost rather we lost.

I guess the other possibility is Friday but I doubt Cheltenham will want their pitch ruined.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Definitely not on the Friday! I think Glos should give up home advantage and play on Saturday at TP. What do you think to that, Neil?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 pm

comrade powell wrote:Definitely not on the Friday! I think Glos should give up home advantage and play on Saturday at TP. What do you think to that, Neil?

I dare you to say that two inches from his face...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Ah, perhaps the dark lord will come to the game!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Bring it on bitches.

Actually. No. We're **** Sad

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:30 pm

comrade powell wrote:Definitely not on the Friday! I think Glos should give up home advantage and play on Saturday at TP. What do you think to that, Neil?

No, only because we only ever lose there.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:55 pm

given our abysmal Trophy record this should be a home banker
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by threeday week Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Wilson at Paulton

threeday week

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:18 pm

tigerroar wrote:Bring it on bitches.

Actually. No. We're **** Sad

bring back twinkle toes!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 pm

If only.

Jimmy Cox in our team now would be something else. Class act.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Welcome back Neil................is it grim up North!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 pm

No, it's been great.

Not sure how many of you guys go most weeks, to most away games etc but having been Southern Premier and then gotten relegated and played at some midland shitholes my first 20 years following City saw me go to Witton Albion and Bishop Auckland I think. There might be more but they were the only two "different" clubs and areas we'd been to.

In the past five years I've been to loads of places that I hadn't before. I've now been along the M62 past that bit where the farm is in the middle of the motorway. It's rather scenic going over the Pennines. On a trip to Stalybridge we went over the Woodhead Pass and down into the place where they filmed Last of the Summer Wine and back via Saddleworth Moor.

We had them midweek too once and went early and had a look around the Trafford Centre, Old Trafford and CoM Stadium en route. This year is the first time I'll miss our game at Bower Fold. Nice ground too.

I've been to Blyth Spartans twice, Workington three times. Those are some long trips. Regional football my ass.

I don't know if you are people that read while their on the bog, I know there are some strange folk like me who take an A-Z in with them. I've always liked to look at maps but one thing which has evaded me is the fact that Leeds isn't level with Manchester. Give or take I've always thought it was. It's not. Leeds is a bloody long way north.

Also, in the five years we've been dirty northerners there have always been a long speed restriction caused by roadworks on the M1 in Nottinghamshire. They've completed the more southernly twenty mile stretch but have shifted northwards for a similar distance. Thank God for cruise control. Still takes half an hour mind. I drove back from North Ferriby in just over two hours in August. Well, it was Barton upon Humber because I stopped for a look at the Humber Bridge.

The best ground I've been to is probably Fleetwood. They'd not built that big stand then but they had plasma TV's in the toilets showing the game live. I also saw an old man punch their mascot there. I mentioned it to a steward and he said it's probaly one of their fans. I said I'm one of theirs. Top class stewarding.

I could go on......

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

A fascinating read and almost made me nostalgic for our time in BSP until i got to your last paragraph. Fleetwood was definitely the most unpleasant club I've ever had the misfortune to visit and your story of their useless stewards doesn't surprise me in the least! Presumably the feral kids who goaded us throughout the 90 minutes are fully grown thugs now....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Interesting both of you have mentioned Fleetwood in a negative way. I have a friend who works on their media team and they have helped him out a lot! They seem to have a great set up with the local university whereby they take students on and help them develop their talents, off the field they have set themselves well for their rise.

Hopefully now they are in the league they have sorted out their match day issues!
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:33 pm

comrade powell wrote:A fascinating read and almost made me nostalgic for our time in BSP until i got to your last paragraph. Fleetwood was definitely the most unpleasant club I've ever had the misfortune to visit and your story of their useless stewards doesn't surprise me in the least! Presumably the feral kids who goaded us throughout the 90 minutes are fully grown thugs now....

See that's a height that we will never reach. I'd suggest it did Bath more harm than good too. That difficult second album and all that that.

Guiseley absolutely took the piss out of us on Saturday. These village teams spunking thousands per week to attain what? Football would be so much more fun if it wasn't ruled by money like it is at this level. I admire those who keep our clubs going.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Mark Tanner wrote:Interesting both of you have mentioned Fleetwood in a negative way. I have a friend who works on their media team and they have helped him out a lot! They seem to have a great set up with the local university whereby they take students on and help them develop their talents, off the field they have set themselves well for their rise.

Hopefully now they are in the league they have sorted out their match day issues!

Not really, I loved it there. The first time I sensed a "matchday experience" at a Gloucester City away game!

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Haha top man, I hope the welcome at Cheltenham is the same then! ;-)
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerroar Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm sure it will be. I will be sending PM's to Bellend with the words "TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK" in them like he used to do to me.

tigerroar

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Rumour has it that he's a Bristol Rovers fan now.

My dislike of Fleetwood was not just down to the way the stewards ignored our requests to move on the foul mouthed urchins, but also the welcome we received from their head steward ("you're not going in the bar, it's for home fans only. if you want to drink, there's a pub 3 blocks away") and his parting shot with 10 minutes of the game remaining ("I suggest you tell your driver to start his coach and you get out quick - the locals like to stone visiting coaches")

Yes, Mark, I hope they have sorted out their off pitch issues now they're in the league and I hope they stay there! Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next