Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New defender

+4
Mcnulty
yuffie
BenE
pete mac
8 posters

Go down

New defender Empty New defender

Post by pete mac Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:24 pm

pete mac

Back to top Go down

New defender Empty Re: New defender

Post by BenE Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 pm

I was thinking last night how Wlashy could get back in the side when he gets fit. The back four has looked solid since those early season jitters.

So it is a bit of a surprise to bring in a defender now.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 pm

I guess with Bowman out and Walshy still several weeks away from returning to action we just need numbers at the back. The last two games the only defender we've had on the bench was Jimmer.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:58 pm

I think Walshy walks back into that defence. I thought we looked shaky Saturday, simmo and gallinagh put in a proper shift but both looked a bit all at sea in the second half.
Artus and Walsh would be close to being the first names on my team sheet. For me, if they get back to match fitness they are walshy is back in central defence and Artus into the middle of midfield. Who to leave out is interesting but it's 'one of them good problems' as they say. Not to knock what this group of players has achieved; they and the management have worked minor miracles these last few weeks.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:57 am

Mcnulty wrote:I think Walshy walks back into that defence.

Not on the strength of his performances before he got injured. Given he was unfit then and all the other players are now even more match fit he will have a long way to go.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 pm

What on earth has happened to Slocombe? He isn't mentioned in amongst those injured.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by footballexclusives Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:03 pm

footballexclusives

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:50 pm

BenE yes I accept he didn't look match fit. He did start to resemble the player of last season just before he got injured, I thnk we need his height and quality on the ball, but I agree, he does need to be fit. Much as I like him I feel gallinagh has been the weak link in our defence this season. Not sure if he is injured or just had a bad patch but I think keary has got gallinagh out of trouble a number of times recently.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tanner Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Now for me in the last two games against Shortwood Gallinagh has performed very well. LB in the home and CB in the away, hopefully his performances have turned a corner now. I know Shortwood are lower league opposition but at least his confidence would have been lifted.
Mark Tanner
Mark Tanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm

I hope you are right on gallinagh as he gives it everything , a real 100% er. I didn't go to the away game but I did think he looked vulnerable later in second half in the first tie. Well I think he looked shattered actually, which is understandable, no cover in defence at all these last few games.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:What on earth has happened to Slocombe? He isn't mentioned in amongst those injured.

yes what has happened to him?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasmaxbaer Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:02 pm

I thought Gallinagh looked really good today

thomasmaxbaer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnulty Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Slocombe? When artus was first out I saw slocombe in the lounge with him before the game. Both had knee injuries so I assume his was pretty serious. Both nice lads actually. Hopefully they will be back soon. Glad to hear gallinagh played well today.

Mcnulty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down