Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Away Form trends

5 posters

Go down

Away Form trends Empty Away Form trends

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Not only City prefer life on the road. 16 of the 21 teams have a better away record including 9 of the bottom 10. Early days of course but a strange trend nevertheless.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Away Form trends Empty Re: Away Form trends

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Interesting stat. Must say I am always more confident of us winning away than at Twerton.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 pm

I guess, and interesting stats, but I don't really see much of a disadvantage playing away in some cases. It's not like we're playing in front of intimidating crowds of thousands. Haven't seen any problems with any pitches thus far, which isn't surprising as it's still September. Will be the same on Saturday as Bishop's Stortford's is like a snooker table.

After 10 games last season we had 10 points, and ended up finishing 7th. 7 from 7 so far, so all is not lost.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peteboa Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Aye that's a pretty mental stat and potentially useful if you're a betting man (gamblers fallacy?!)  You would think that home advantage would be greater at twerts than other grounds given the slope
Peteboa
Peteboa

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 am

The reasons given for teams doing better away from home is that, when teams visit, they are set up to defend and aren't as open as at home. However, given our results at home that isn't the case, aside from us being open.

I have to say that, after years at Ninian Park, the Twerton crowd are fairly slow in getting on the backs of the players even after the start that we have had so the players would have to be particularly thin-skinned to react badly to them.

When I played on the pitch in the summer, someone mentioned that we were playing up the slope in the second half but, I have to say, I didn't notice it. Certainly at this stage in the season, when the weather is fairly benign, it shouldn't make much of a difference.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down