Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol End

5 posters

Go down

Bristol End Empty Bristol End

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:40 am

This may have been talked about a while back but does anyone know if there are plans to carry out the work needed on the Bristol End crush barriers? I noticed Cardiff fans were only allowed on the lower steps which didn't escape a mention in this Metro report.

metro.co.uk/2014/07/13/why-cardiff-city-didnt-enjoy-their-bath-time-4796291/

Maybe its an expense too far at the moment but the thought of never seeing a big crowd again on that gorgeous terrace makes me cry..
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Bristol End Empty Re: Bristol End

Post by Beau Nash Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 am

I doubt the phrase as quoted - ..."being told not to lean against the terrace barriers because they are not safe..." - was said by anyone at Bath City FC.  The paragraph reads that the author was referring to the past.

Twerton Park requires a safety certificate and the board would have a collective heart attack if that was not current AND the thought of £ multi million claims if the terracing caused an accident... Shocked 
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes I'm sure the ground has an up to date certificate and the club are doing the right thing in not risking any safety issues and roping off the End.

Therefore there is obviously something which needs doing to steps/ barriers as it was roped off for cardiff and shut for the visit of Salisbury last season, hence me asking the question..
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 pm

rest assured i'm sure that come the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the draw sees us at home to (insert Premier League Club name of choice) there will be a flurry of activity of men with concrete to make the ground and those barriers 'safe'.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 am

Or, more likely when we reach the final stages of the FA Trophy
 Laughing 
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:54 am

Any Cardiff fan of any vintage can't talk. The Bob Bank (a larger version of the tea bar terrace,. Indeed, it was originally called the Popular Bank) at Ninian Park was partially closed for years because of, what was called, 'concrete cancer'. It was still a better ground than that new one.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down