Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The annual who are we going to play next year thread

+21
SASCHA
kermit
Luton Roman
comrade powell
Colin Voutt
stillmanjunior
LB
SteveBradley
Jon_BOA
Marc Monitor
2weirdtown
suffolkexile
Steve Whites Missus
SteveS
Ashley
BenE
Dave
Roy D Hacksaw
the demon headmaster
Bluebird
Freeview Joe
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The annual who are we going to play next year thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The annual who are we going to play next year thread

Post by Luton Roman Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm

This crazy unpredictable league continues. Both Chelmsford and Dartford, with a bye to this stage, lose. So Hampton play Braintree for promotion.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

The annual who are we going to play next year thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The annual who are we going to play next year thread

Post by comrade powell Sun May 06, 2018 5:26 pm

How I feel for the oh so arrogant Dartford fans! While Chelmsford would certainly win the bottlers cup...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Chelmsford losing a play-off semi-final - now who thought that would happen!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Slough come up after beating Kings Lynn . Got Tuesday night all over it !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon May 07, 2018 5:48 pm

And Dulwich beat Hendon on pens in front of over 3300 to clinch their promotion to National South.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon May 07, 2018 6:15 pm

So, obviously we need to wait for Roy to give us the likely league make up, but with Brackley playing Harrogate in the North Final, is there a chance that if Harrogate go up, we would be looking at Brackley or Hereford coming into the South, or with Sluff beating Kings Lynn today, will both Brackley and Hereford be going North?
Questions, questions....or is it a Question of Balance. Now I'm feeling all Moody, and slightly Blue.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Bloody King's Lynn. I don't think there is any scenario that gets us Hereford now.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Mon May 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Two new grounds to visit next season, even though we have played both Slough and Dulwich before. Slough have a new ground and Dulwich have been kicked out of their ground and are playing at Tooting & Mitcham, who are relegated from the Isthmian Premier.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 pm

I have absolutely no clue yet! If someone does come South from North they usually prefer to pick the newer side rather than relocate a side, so that's looking better. But here's the list of sides who are either moving down from above or up from below.

Torquay (S)
Woking (S)
Billericay (S)
Dulwich Hamlet (S)
Slough Town (S)
Chester (N)
Altrincham (N)
Ashton United (N)
Guisley (N)
Hereford (probably N now if it's going to be five of each going each way. Boo!)

I blame Woking!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 pm

The veritable non league matters site predicts:

Bath City
Billericay Town
Braintree Town*
Chelmsford City
Chippenham Town
Concord Rangers
Dartford
Dulwich Hamlet
East Thurrock United
Eastbourne Borough
Gloucester City
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hungerford Town
Oxford City
Slough Town
St. Albans City
Torquay United
Truro City
Wealdstone
Welling United
Weston-super-Mare
Woking

*Assuming Hampton win play off.

There a lot of Essex in there !

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Mon May 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Suits you sir!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveBradley Mon May 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Luton Roman wrote:And Dulwich beat Hendon on pens in front of over 3300 to clinch their promotion to National South.

Broke the attendance record for Imperial Fields as well.

I would say a dream first fixture for next season would be hosting Dulwich at Twerton Park. We're due an opening day home fixture, and I'd say they'd bring a big crowd for it. Failing that, hosting them in August would be ideal as I suspect they'll bring numbers to their first few away games whilst it's all still a novelty.

SteveBradley

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Wed May 09, 2018 10:34 am

Luton Roman wrote:The veritable non league matters site predicts:

Bath City
Billericay Town
Braintree Town*
Chelmsford City
Chippenham Town
Concord Rangers
Dartford
Dulwich Hamlet
East Thurrock United
Eastbourne Borough
Gloucester City
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hungerford Town
Oxford City
Slough Town
St. Albans City
Torquay United
Truro City
Wealdstone
Welling United
Weston-super-Mare
Woking

*Assuming Hampton win play off.

There a lot of Essex in there !

That would do as a final table!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm

That post gets its annual outing.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Interesting line up proposed for Southern League Premier - just 9 of this season's 22 remaining.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Thu May 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Ah, reading it again I see that the Southern has been reorganised into two parallel divisions.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by striped67 Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 am

Interesting indeed. Looks like 20 teams have come up to make up the numbers. And how would promotion/relegation work? Will we see four teams going down next season?
striped67
striped67

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri May 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Presumably it will mean that each season there will be a shake up of who is in what league As you might get four teams relegated from our division that would expect to go in the Isthmian.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 pm

There was much discussion of the ‘provisional’ new league allocations on Twitter yesterday.

The consensus appeared to be that although there are now four feeders’ into National North and South - the two Southern Premier divisions (as spotted by Martin) plus the Northern and Isthmian Premiers - there will still only be three teams relegated from each. I would think that if this was changing it would have been announced by now.

The view appeared to be that the teams that win each of the feeder leagues will be promoted (as you would expect) but that there might have to be an extra round of play-offs to whittle the sixteen teams finishing second to fifth down to the two who go up. It will be interesting to see how this pans out with only one of the leagues being in the north.

There were one or two interesting moves, Lowestoft now being in the Southern League Midland and lower down Cinderford and Evesham being placed in (first division) East while Cirencester are in West.

Apparently the clubs have seven days to appeal against their allocation (so hopefully perhaps Hereford will appeal against being placed in North!)

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 pm

LB wrote:...Apparently the clubs have seven days to appeal against their allocation (so hopefully perhaps Hereford will appeal against being placed in North!)

Hereford have no other option as all the other clubs are further south or in and around London...
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Sat May 12, 2018 9:50 am

Not getting Hereford is a real blow.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm

.Braintree win on pens and promoted to National league. One less Essex team but we absolutely murdered them at their place.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun May 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Thank goodness for that - Hampton is a far more pleasant away day and usually attracts a good following of City fans. True there was a good turn out at Braintree last season - but it was a new ground for many. Having seen Braintree, I don't think many would have returned!

Questions...

Why don't they go to pens after 90 minutes? - I'm sure the stats would show that more often than not there are no further goals. The players are shattered, especially in warm weather, and it's usually safety first.

Why didn't they use the ABBA system today? - I thought it was widely accepted to be fairer than the old system.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sun May 13, 2018 6:21 pm

comrade powell wrote:Thank goodness for that - Hampton is a far more pleasant away day and usually attracts a good following of City fans. True there was a good turn out at Braintree last season - but it was a new ground for many. Having seen Braintree, I don't think many would have returned!

Questions...

Why don't they go to pens after 90 minutes? - I'm sure the stats would show that more often than not there are no further goals. The players are shattered, especially in warm weather, and it's usually safety first.

Why didn't they use the ABBA system today? - I thought it was widely accepted to be fairer than the old system.
Yes, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing their nice no. 3 captain again.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next