Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somerset Premier Cup round up

+2
petebath
Roy D Hacksaw
6 posters

Go down

Somerset Premier Cup round up Empty Somerset Premier Cup round up

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:02 pm

So after our resounding 8-1 win against Welton Rovers on Tuesday, I thought that those among us who value a proper competition might want to know who we've got a chance of playing in the semi-finals of the SPC!

The other game on Tuesday night saw Paulton Rovers take a meat and spuds win away at Odd Down, with goals from Liam Monelle and Nuno Felix.

Wednesday's tie was a more competitive affair that saw Wellington beat visitors Clevedon Town 3-2, with occasional Roman Saikou Janneh getting the opener. The game was also notable for one of the quickest sendings off of the season as Kevin Camargo got a straight red in the 87th minute after coming on as a sub in the 85th.

The third tie has yet to be played and sees Weston super Mare make the long trip to Western League second tier side Wincanton Town on 6th March. We can only hope that the yellow and blacks give our regular foes a decent game.

I'm not sure when the draw is due to be made, but the semi-finals are scheduled to be played in the week commencing 23rd March.

Even though we're bound to meet Weston at some point in the next couple of games, we do owe them one, and I reckon we've got a pretty decent chance of nipping it this season. I wonder how we're going to manage to mess it up this time!

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Somerset Premier Cup round up Empty Re: Somerset Premier Cup round up

Post by petebath Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Weston or Wincanton away.....
petebath
petebath

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Wincantan please....

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:22 pm

Wincanton v Weston has now been re-arranged for 4th April - I am amazed that the Somerset FA didn’t make Weston cancel their league game next week and play it then so that the competition didn’t get behind schedule. Hopefully if we have to play at Weston in mid-April the pitch should be okay...

If we do make it to the final, we should know our opponents well in advance, as Paulton are playing Wellington in the other semi final next Tuesday.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm

WsM won 6-0

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:30 pm

It was played at Keynsham I think.

Oh well, at least Weston have power, so we won’t have any issues covering it on radio for all you tens wanting to tune in.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down