Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great TV programmes

+7
BenE
kermit
Beau Nash
comrade powell
Admin
2weirdtown
Sir Ged Roddy
11 posters

Go down

Great TV programmes Empty Great TV programmes

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

For  today, Friday 26/1, I recommend Mastermind on BBC2, followed by Coronation St on ITV, and 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown on Channel 4.  There's nothing worthwhile on BBC1 tonight!

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Great TV programmes Empty Re: Great TV programmes

Post by 2weirdtown Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Yes, I'll be going to the Ropemakers pub here in Bridport for some live music, as strangely, a number of pubs here will be full of people watching BBC1

Last edited by 2weirdtown on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Mad Was just about to move the thread, but I just got it....

Admin
Admin

https://bathcityfc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:55 pm

FA Cup long weekends are quickly becoming as unpopular as international breaks.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Come on Y....l alien  (Need that hiding behind computer emoticon from old Forum)  No  What a Face any excuse to use emoticons. geek
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Fortunately I am in the Alps with no BBC coverage, so I don't even need to find something else to do tonight.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Need to watch. You don't often get the chance to watch Manu in the cup.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 pm

I am obviously too new a supporter. Can't get behind this Yeovil hatred. Sorry.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Marc Monitor wrote:I am obviously too new a supporter. Can't get behind this Yeovil hatred. Sorry.

Well you can at least try...
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:57 pm

I’m not a new supporter and I’ve never grown into it. I’ve only seen the two clubs play each other six or seven times. Same with Chippenham, grew out of disliking an opposition team because of geographical location.

I have beef with teams with unfriendly officials/fans or filled with players constantly fouling/diving.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Weston Super Mare piss me off most and I am not sure I have ever seen us play them.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:01 pm

A lot of the 'youngsters' who sing 'Drink up thee cider...........we're going down to Y**vil to do the b**tards over' have never been to Y**vil! We haven't regularly played them for over 20 years.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Sir Ged Roddy wrote:A lot of the 'youngsters' who sing 'Drink up thee cider...........we're going down to Y**vil to do the b**tards over' have never been to Y**vil! We haven't regularly played them for over 20 years.
Something to look forward to next season then.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

It's good to have a local rivalry but my feelings for Yeovil don't come close to my contempt for Boston, Kettering and Fleetwood! The chances are it will be many more years before we play any of those four clubs...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Boston remains the most unpleasant atmosphere I've experienced. They had some really nasty fans in a ground which I was very fond of - loved the huge terrace behind one goal.

Dover was/is always a trip I don't look forward to. I don't know whether their fans hate us because of the promotion thing in 1990, or if they're just like that with everyone. It was easier obtaining a visa for Australia than getting a pitchside pass at the Crabble, as well. I think they once banned Simon from taking photos from there...approximately five minutes after the match finished.

As I said after we lost to North Ferriby on penalties - "it could have been worse - we could have lost to Dover..."
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm

That's a real shame. As someone who has been on the receiving end of football hooliganism from opposing - and, on occasion, supposed fellow - supporters, being able to other towns and away grounds without hassle is one of the joys of non-league football.

These things can be put into perspective. I remember when Torquay came down and some of their nursery 'firm' broke through the cordon to gesture to the supporters on the Popular Bank. I don't remember them being quite so bold at Ninian Park.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:34 pm

I’ve been to around 1200 matches league and non-league so appreciate not everywhere is perfect. I’ve never felt scared at any of the places I’ve listed, just amazed at the sheer anger some people portrayed, and they seemed more interested in riling up our fans than supporting their team.

Forgot to add Crawley to the list as well.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

I agree with all that's been said here. I don't begrudge Yeovil's success in recent years. They earned it and It's good to see a Somerset club can compete on a national stage.
Surely we should be trying to foster closer ties with them as they could be a source of loan players at least.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by RUDI GULITS Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 am

Fleetwood was the worst Bath City trip ever for me
stewards,fans,groundsman all disgraceful
hope the money drys up and they go bust
RUDI GULITS
RUDI GULITS

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 am

Our second visit to Fleetwood was the only City match I've boycotted after our treatment on the first. From the boardroom down to the feral teenagers goading us throughout the match, the club went out of its way to make us feel unwelcome. It was much the same at Boston although perhaps I didn't encourage improved relations by reminding a couple of nasty racists of our glorious 8-0 win... Very Happy
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 am

comrade powell wrote:the club went out of its way to make us feel unwelcome.

The weird thing is, it's more hassle for them to do that. At Mansfield they came up with an unnecessarily complicated system to obtain entry if you were with the press. Having arrived by 6pm I think I finally made it in just before kick-off. It's senseless and I emailed complaining, to their credit they replied apologising.

I don't expect the red carpet rolled out or have our play applauded by other supporters, far from it, but a bit of courtesy goes a long way. I remember the Fleetwood programme included a photo just after they'd scored - 75% of the fans were only interested in goading the opposition supporters, I doubt they even noticed the players were around 10 feet from them celebrating. It's why I always enjoyed getting results against those sort of clubs more, unfortunately one point out of 12 in four matches against Fleetwood meant they often had the last laugh.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 pm

In thinking about it, this season has been fantastic in having Chippenham - who are genuine rivals - not least because they have been fairly benign watching experiences and lively games. I think there may have been a few chants of "We hate Chippenham" but they were fairly perfunctory. I would rather them stay up and be a continual derby than faux ones like Weston Super Mare, Yeovil or Hungerford. Yeovil feel like Forest Green Rovers in terms of rivalry to me.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down