Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuart Taylor

2 posters

Go down

Stuart Taylor Empty Stuart Taylor

Post by SteveS Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Those older supporters like myself and Comrade will remember Stuarts spell as player manager at City. He is a legend of 545 games for Bristol Rovers and I always found him a nice guy when he was here, a real gentle giant. Just been reading on the Rovers forum that he is suffering from a form of body Dementia that could well have been caused (or made worse) by the years of heading the ball.
He has recently had to move into a care home and Rovers have been raising money to buy a special bed that will help him sleep better. He is 6' 5'' tall.
I was sorry to read this, I think in more recent years he has been involved with one of the local Bristol Western League sides, Longwell Green or similar.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Stuart Taylor Empty Re: Stuart Taylor

Post by comrade powell Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks for posting this, Steve - very sad news about Stuart. I've had a quick look on a couple of Rovers forums but can't find the thread you mention. Please can you provide a link.

I remember some 20 years ago watching our reserves play a game in the Bristol area and Stuart was the groundsman.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:26 pm

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks Steve - it sounds like Rovers supporters have rallied round really well to help a club legend. I remember being taken to Eastville in around '68 to see Rovers lose 3-0 to Arsenal in the cup and Stuart was part of the defence then.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down