Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guess at JG's Strategy?

4 posters

Go down

A Guess at JG's Strategy? Empty A Guess at JG's Strategy?

Post by Beau Nash Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:44 pm

One thing that seems to be JG's norm for midfield and strikers is bigger players out, smaller and quicker players in.

Noah, Ross and Tyler in this week add to Andy, Jack C, Frankie and Tom;  all of whom are talented with the ball at their feet and can move the ball accurately with one touch.  I would expect the football to be on the ground and moving like a pinball from player to player with movement off the ball to create / go into spaces culminating with a lot more scoring attempts.
 bounce
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

A Guess at JG's Strategy? Empty Re: A Guess at JG's Strategy?

Post by Jon_BOA Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Erm, Truro are going to be pretty p1ssed off if Noah Keats and Tyler Harvey start passing to our players rather than their teammates.

Jon_BOA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Ha. After a period of having taller players for a change, we do seem to be going back to smaller nippier players. As long as those at the back are tall and reasonably big lads and there is the option of a bigger player up front to hold it up and win headers, I am happy. Where we were blessed was when we had a good passing ball-playing tall player in Chas.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

I was trying to work out who we still had at the club. There appear to have been a lot out and only one in. We've struggled to have a full bench in some games with youth team players filling it.

Presumably Jarvis is guaranteed to play. If Watkins is fit then so should he with Smith Frankie Compton and Ross. Looks fluid going forward if somewhat lightweight defensively.

If watkins isn't fit then I would prefer Case but presume Riggy will get a game.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down