Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St.Albans v. City

5 posters

Go down

St.Albans v. City Empty St.Albans v. City

Post by Luton Roman Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Limp and insipid. Admittedly still in Mermaid. But still was poor.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

St.Albans v. City Empty Re: St.Albans v. City

Post by pete mac Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Really surprised by that today after a great run. When a new manager comes in players usually lift it. A shock really but a win next week will absolutely more than make up for it.

Still only 7 points off the top so no cause for alarm.........

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 am

Yes, a very flat performance all round. An excellent away following expected a lot better. Roll on Cheddar...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 am

As pete mac says, you would expect the players to raise their game for a new manager, but you don't know what they might have said amongst themselves after training on Thursday - I am not suggesting any sort of conspiracy but it might take them a while to come to terms with new ideas.

Although as a new manager it is probably better to take over a team doing well than one struggling, Jerry has come in with some difficult games around. I think how ever we had played yesterday it would have been difficult at St Albans, and the next 3 games are no easier. Chelmsford are going to prove a massive obstacle in the cup next week, and then we have Braintree and Dartford in the space of four days. I know it is much too early to talk about a 'pivotal' month, but the results in those games will give a good indication of where we are going.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:26 pm

'Pivotal month' - now there's an expression you don't hear very often. But it is true that we have a bunch of tough games coming up.

I think in recent seasons we have not performed well against top sides in the division so we need to change that if we want to demonstrate true progress.

I have said this before but I think Lucas gives us more up top than Jarvis. Morgan gave us an out ball and that has been missing and I think Lucas is prepared to run his socks off giving the centre halves much more to think about. Jarvis's game is all about getting the defenders to forget he is there and then popping up when they are off their guard to lash it in the net, which is a useful skill, but makes more demends of our midfield.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down