View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday's referee

Post by stillmanjunior on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:17 pm

stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday's referee

Post by Marc Monitor on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:07 am

Good for him. After talking about abuse towards refs and players on the other thread, I hope that any abuse he does get is about any bad performances of his rather than his sexuality.

Seems like a good thread to mention that, while I didn't see too much wrong with his performance on Tuesday, he was definitely fooled for the penalty. Initially, I thought that, while that goal was unfair, we still let in another 4 so can't complain. However, in thinking about it, the nature and timing of that goal did, I think, make a difference. Scoring a goal just before half-time to set up a 2 goal lead almost completely finishes off the tie. Going in 2-1 down and the manager and players know that they can easily bring it back to a draw and even still get a win from there. 3-1 though, especially with a new and obviously rattled team like ours on Wednesday, and it becomes much more difficult. Had we scored a goal quickly into the second half and maybe it would have raised our heads to really put up a fight but we didn't look like the team to do it. I still think that Tuesday's defeat was down to the team but the penalty decision was definitely important.
Marc Monitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 am

Fair play to him....

However I have no interest in gay or straight, it is just football and how often he blows his whistle.

8% of football fans would stop watching their team if a gay player was signed by the club

Scary mindset of people.... although more seem to be threatening to leave Bath City if Jones keeps playing!

Steve Whites Missus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 am

Marc Monitor wrote:Seems like a good thread to mention that, while I didn't see too much wrong with his performance on Tuesday, he was definitely fooled for the penalty. Initially, I thought that, while that goal was unfair, we still let in another 4 so can't complain. However, in thinking about it, the nature and timing of that goal did, I think, make a difference.

I also didn't think it was a penalty, thought Pratt was very clever and left his leg in. Surprisingly, I didn't hear too many protests, on or off the pitch. But I could've missed them. I shut the press box door after a few were complaining about decisions which were quite clearly correct in being given against us.

I don't think it made a difference. Still think regardless that they would have ran riot and found another goal from somewhere.
stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 am

Steve Whites Missus wrote:
8% of football fans would stop watching their team if a gay player was signed by the club

Scary mindset of people

Yes, it's incredible. Putting it into perspective, I'd estimate that's around 100 people from Tuesday's attendance. Shocking.
stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Looks like a statistic that is impossible to verify.

8% might say they would but what is the actual figure. I would suggest substantially less although obviously even .5% would be a bit strange in this day and age.
BenE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am

He's also Saturday's ref. Hope it's not a similar outcome to the last time...
stillmanjunior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top