Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrie Cannings

3 posters

Go down

Barrie Cannings Empty Barrie Cannings

Post by steve at midlandscity Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Good afternoon all

I an a life long Chelmsford city supporter and I write this in sadness to inform you of the passing of my friend Barrie Cannings who was a life long BCFC supporter as was his father Jack.

Born and bought up in Bath Barrie started supporting when he was 8 and although moving away to Birmingham 40 years ago still attended local away games when he could and the odd home game.

In fact he and i attended most of the recent battles between our teams ,the highlight for him being the double victory over us in the play offs

Always the gent, always keen to see the others point of view, Barrie will be missed.

He used to stand ,as did his father, beneath the main stand to the right of the dug outs where the banter was good ,clean and knowledgeable. where i intend to stand at each game in the future when my City plays yours.

His memories of Charlie Fleming our joint memories of Len Phillips, Tony Book and Malcolm Allison perhaps made us dinosaurs !

RIP Barrie

steve at midlandscity

Back to top Go down

Barrie Cannings Empty Re: Barrie Cannings

Post by comrade powell Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for posting this, Steve. Although I don't recognise his name, I'm sure I have come across Barrie at City games over the years. Please pass on the commiserations of Bath fans to his family at this sad time.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Trying to place this guy, was his father called Jack Cannings? I remember a Jack Cannings who used to stand where you are talking about and was a friend of my Dad's going back many years. I think he was also a friend of Geoff Todd's Dad. I have a couple of faces in mind but cannot be 100% sure.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by steve at midlandscity Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes his father was Jack Cannings

steve at midlandscity

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveS Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks Steve, I think I know the person you are talking about now. Sorry to hear the news. Can remember the father and my Dad often talking about him.

SteveS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum