Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealdstone Attendance

+4
Maurice Ashman
Ashley
Luton Roman
Beau Nash
8 posters

Go down

Wealdstone Attendance Empty Wealdstone Attendance

Post by Beau Nash Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm

I have just read the attendance was 1006...that is fantastic. bounce I hope analysis will show how that was achieved?

All week I have been inundated through Facebook, Twitter and by email that this was £20 Family Day with extra entertainment on offer.  With no other explanation, it was not an important game of promotion or relegation issues, I can only assume that the Bath public responded or did Wealdstone bring 500+ as someone commented that Charlies was "packed" with their supporters?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Wealdstone Attendance Empty Re: Wealdstone Attendance

Post by Luton Roman Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:24 pm

They reckon 200. Even so good turnout for City.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Family day seems to have been well supported, there were a lot of children around with parents.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice Ashman Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:34 pm

What is known as 'a perfect storm'? All the above, plus Rovers away.
At least it shows that 1000 is achievable!

Maurice Ashman

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Wealdstone always bring good numbers. A season or two ago, they singled out our fixture as their official "Awayday" where everyone made the effort to travel and we reciprocated the next time we played up there. Not a bind when it is such a nice club to go to.

I did think that it was odd that we didn't have both bars open yesterday. Also the way the barman (I don't know his name) was chucking out the Wealdstone supporters at half-time was well off, saying ""You know there's football being played, don't you?" and "There's a pitch out there, why don't you go and have a look?". These weren't said in an amusing but a sarcastic manner and supporters of both sides were rightly pissed off. As we move into a new era, we really have to make sure we get rid of these sales prevention techniques. A handle on the side entrance would help as well.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony73 Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Thought family day was really good yesterday, we were in Randalls before and great the club made the effort with small things like stocking fruit shoots for children. Would certainly encourage others to attend similar day if held again next season. As a side note we were in town/Wetherspoons at lunchtime yesterday and wouldn't have known a match was on. Sounds like theres some sort of meeting in town (Trinity Pub) this coming Sat which is a good idea as the more people see we've got a football club the more new supporters we could attract. Final note is thought Wealdstone supporters yesterday were really good both before, during and after the match. If they do make the play offs i wish them well.

Tony73

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

I had a mini pub crawl to the ground on Saturday and saw posters in most pubs.

great effort rewarded.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 2weirdtown Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Yes, well done the club and all who helped promote this.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Tony73 wrote: Sounds like theres some sort of meeting in town (Trinity Pub) this coming Sat which is a good idea as the more people see we've got a football club the more new supporters we could attract.

Correct, meet at 1pm in The Trinity, moving on to the Hop Pole and Belvoir Castle. See you there!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down