Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath City vs. Hayes and Yeading

+11
the demon headmaster
Mark Tanner
yuffie
Marc Monitor
Mcnulty
Ashley
pete mac
Luton Roman
Beau Nash
Dave
footballexclusives
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bath City vs. Hayes and Yeading  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bath City vs. Hayes and Yeading

Post by Roman Mike Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Beau Nash wrote:A game where a few short periods of play were scrappy but then there were a lot of periods when the football, mostly from City, was exhilarating.  Hayes looked dangerous going forward so a mystery why they are 'flirting' with the relegation zone.

The first goal was down to that Irish international Rick O’Shay, Sekani knew little about it.  My second choice for MotM was Sekani, solid in defence and why oh why don’t we see more of Sekani’s silky ball skills going forward?

The Chronicle and official reports are well worth a read.

All credit to the thirty or so Hayes fans who sang all afternoon.  The only small disappointment was, from the stand in the second half, I couldn’t hear the Legion; oh how we miss WSP to lead the march:

Sumus quattuordecimani, legio gemina,
Aufer te, de via decedite,
Cornu sonat pedem inferre,
Milites Romani procedite.

Sive sequimur aquilas, sive progredimur ad cornices soli,
Nostra superbia est in legione
Et pugnans peditatus est domus gensque,
Et pugnans peditatus est domus gensque.

Nos signa sequimur, quocumque nos ducunt,
A barbara Germaniae silva,
Ad Caledoniam caliginem,
Domitores Britannorum procedite.

We are the men of the fourteenth, the twin legion,
Be off with you, get out of the way,
You've heard the trumpet sound, the infantry advance,
The soldiers of Rome march on.

Whether we follow the eagles, or we go to the ravens alone,
Our pride is in the legion,
And the fighting infantry is our family and home,
And the fighting infantry is our family and home.

We follow the standards, wherever they lead us,
From the barbaric forests of Germany,
To the mist shrouded hills of Caledonia,
The Tamers of the Britons march on.

With a few changes to some of the words we could use this, needs a tune... Question 

Happy for them to sing but some of it was foul and disgusting. Ask anybody at the Bristol End in the first half. I am definitely no vicar and have been known to let loose the odd expletive in the heat of the moment so I'm not looking for a sterile gentrified soulless atmosphere but they were abusive and unnecessarily crude a lot of the time. We then park 8 year olds in the family stand in full earshot and wonder why they don't come back. I asked the stewards what action they could take. They claimed not to have heard it and asked me to write a letter. Do we actually pay them?
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Bath City vs. Hayes and Yeading  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bath City vs. Hayes and Yeading

Post by BenE Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm

are you talking about the legion?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 pm

BenE wrote:are you talking about the legion?

No. Could hardly hear them all game.
I was responding to the bold bit in the quoted paragraph which praised the H&Y fans for singing
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Just to be clear...I could hear H & Y but not the detail Roman Mike highlights. In the second half I noticed H & Y more but again nothing "foul and disgusting".

Anyone else notice anything untoward?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-chris Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Beau Nash wrote:Just to be clear...I could hear H & Y but not the detail Roman Mike highlights. In the second half I noticed H & Y more but again nothing "foul and disgusting".

Anyone else notice anything untoward?

Steve and I stood behind the goal at the Bristol end in the first half and we had Steve's 11 year old grandson with us. I was disgusted with the chants of the Hayes and Yeading fans. There did not seem to be any without an "f word" in them and some of them were just incitement to violence. They might not have intended violence but they were not nice to listen to.

I would have moved away but Steve's grandson (being small) likes to stand there to get a good view of the pitch. On the plus side I don't think Steve's grandson was listening or taking in what the chants were about and we moved to the Bath end in the second half where we could not hear them.
Midsomer-chris
Midsomer-chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm

I believe we had a spot of bother when we played at Hayes at their old ground a few years back?

I was just surprised by the number of them travelling, wasn't much less than those at Kingfield in February. And it was weird that they stayed behind the goal they were defending in the first half. Admittedly it's a better view at the Bristol End but still surprised they did it.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Possibly they thought of it as exclusively the away end. Funnily enough, when I temporarily joined my Maidenhead mates, I can't remember changing ends. Mind you, that was possibly because a lot of drink had been taken.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I always like it when fans of the teams who think they're too big for this league like Ebbsfleet ask me "where is your away fans' entrance" when outside selling 50/50 tickets.

Gives me a certain satisfaction to say - "oh everyone can go in one entrance".

Hayes brought the most fans ever I reckon, more than they get at home!  Shocked 

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 am

I recall a lot of foul mouthed abuse a few years ago at HAyes. I wrote to the Club about it and never got an answer. I hope they go down quite frankly.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2