Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gosport v City

+6
stillmanjunior
Marc Monitor
Beau Nash
pete mac
BenE
Luton Roman
10 posters

Go down

Gosport v City  Empty Gosport v City

Post by Luton Roman Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Saw highlights of their win over woeful St Albans. Pitch looks poor.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Gosport v City  Empty Re: Gosport v City

Post by BenE Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Yet another penalty miss. How hard can it be?
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Looks like no Axel no points.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm

What an awful result tonight. All over them and can't score and the missed penalty.

no Axe no win.

Totally frustrating.

Forget any chance of the playoffs now for sure.

Hope we can do better Saturday when I have committed to make the journey but it will be hope not expectation after what I heard tonight.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't think I have ever seen stats whereby City dominated so much and lost.  

I have seen enough of McCoulsky & Morgan to realise they are not good enough for a top of the table challenge. The search ought to start asap for top quality strikers to help Nick McCootie.  pale

As for penalties, it is not difficult, I would back myself to score more than City can without Axel.
Rolling Eyes
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Bloody hell, anyone got Iceland U21's upcoming fixtures?
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 am

File that match alongside Fisher away in March 2009.

And us being awarded that penalty was about as deflating as them going 1-0 up. The outcome was so inevitable. I blame the clown goalkeepers/defenders that are so reckless in the box. That's the third penalty Jordan has conceded in two games but both missed when he was in goal. Sigh.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:07 am

I know the retort will be "have you forgotten his missed penalty against Potters Bar?" but I still say that the alternative to Axel is Chas. He strikes the ball better than anyone else and if was on target, the keeper wouldn't get close. Which makes the save from his excellent free kick last night even more remarkable. Whatever we may have thought of his antics immediately before and after the penalty, the save from Chas must rate as the best against us this season.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 am

Before we were awarded the penalty I would have been happy to see McCoulsky take it, however, a pretty dull night out made up for by a good journey down and home on the BasBus.

Can't fail to mention Marvellous Marvin.... cut a nice arrogant figure while warming down in front of me. As for his performance.... if he were a racehorse he'd be glue by now!

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:48 pm

I often think - what do non-scoring players have in mind when they describe themselves as a striker.

Have to agree with Powell on the penalty front. I was always useless at penalties because I couldn't strike the ball hard enough. Chas is the man.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm

McCoulsky scored one earlier this season for Weston but I just knew it wasn't going to be our night. Even if Axel had been present I wouldn't have held my breath. Matt Le Tissier would have missed one going by how the game was.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:56 pm

If the punters had done their homework, or been following BCIR chat, they should have bet on the penalty to be missed - http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/bath-city-anger-punters-as-gosport-borough-defeat-and-missed-penalty-cost-gamblers-hefty-sums/story-30221643-detail/story.html - as was predicted on Bath City Internet Radio chat..."No Axel, Sad City will miss  21-03-17 21:29"
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Micawber Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Almost made me glad that we failed to score after reading those comments.

Micawber

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Micawber wrote:Almost made me glad that we failed to score after reading those comments.

Laughing Must admit it made me feel a bit better about it!

Overall there wasn't much to criticise about the performance, other than the obvious fact we couldn't score. The players efforts couldn't be faulted and we probably created as many good chances in the second half as in the whole of recent games against Truro, St Albans and Hemel. In those we took them, last night we didn't. Credit to Gosport (even their mouthy keeper) as well. It might not have been pretty but in their position it is about the results not the performance. If we are ever in the same position I would be perfectly happy with us playing like that. They were as poor as all the teams we've beaten recently but had a goal to defend and that was the difference.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Beau Nash wrote:If the punters had done their homework they should have bet on the penalty to be missed[/i]

Agreed. At no stage did I think we would score it. I was more surprised because initially it sounded as though McCouslky had scored.

But very funny article.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down