Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oxford City tonight

+2
2weirdtown
kermit
6 posters

Go down

Oxford City tonight Empty Oxford City tonight

Post by kermit Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:03 pm

If they call off tonight's game 5 minutes before kick off......oh hang on, we're not playing WsM......at least we can go and see Oxford United at home to Southend. If it's on though, I wonder what effect it will have on the gate?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Oxford City tonight Empty Re: Oxford City tonight

Post by 2weirdtown Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Just got in and looked up tonight's result. I think it's a measure of City's progresss that I didn't feel particularly trepidatious when looking. In fact a little disappointed at the 1-1 draw. Of course the next few weeks will give a true barometer with some more difficult (on paper) games coming up.
2weirdtown
2weirdtown

Back to top Go down

Post by the demon headmaster Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 pm

It was a terrible game. Oxford are a biggish side and very energetic, but limited. Full marks to them that they played to these strengths and gave us very little time to settle on the ball. Chaz was repeatedly robbed of the ball and we never attained any kind of fluency.
As far as I could see their goal came from an unfortunate punch from O Leary, who failed to get any height on the ball. It appeared to strike an Oxford player and roll back past the keeper into an unguarded net.
We then had a brief period of dominance which drew two superb saves from their amply proportioned keeper, before getting pegged back into our half again.
Only a late surge, which brought a succession of corners and another smart save before City finally managed to bundle the ball into the back of the net.
Awful pitch, awful ref, awful quality, but some good support from us and the unbeaten run is extended. Roll on Stale Buns.

the demon headmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:50 pm

I blame the BCIR commentators for their goal. They had just been saying how secure we are defensively and I thought Noooooooo. Next thing Max makes a rick and we're a goal down.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Often happens. I'm amazed we were able to see how secure we were defensively, might as well have commentated blindfolded with the view from their stand.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:13 pm

I think the most damning moment was when someone provided the stat that we hadn't conceded for over 300 minutes.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:32 pm

That was provided after the goal, was trying to add it up and forward to Will. Don't think it was mentioned before.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:32 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:That was provided after the goal, was trying to add it up and forward to Will. Don't think it was mentioned before.

I'm amazed you had enough time what with Valentine's day quips for the chronicle Laughing

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down