Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poole Town

5 posters

Go down

Poole Town Empty Poole Town

Post by Ashley Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Poole Town Empty Re: Poole Town

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Amazed it doesn't mention seats either. It's one of the smallest main stands we've commented from.

Are any other clubs in danger of these inspections? I wasn't that impressed with Hungerford's ground either.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:24 am

From the 4 promoted teams, 3 need to do quite a lot of work before 31 March 2017.
East Thurrock are allegedly actively working to complete the necessary improvements. I understand Poole Town and Hungerford Town have yet to start work on the list of requirements.
In addition, it is rumoured that Whitehawk have things to do, but I can't see what, unless terraces are required along the side by the embankment.
Add into the mix the current financial difficulties Gosport are apparently experiencing, it looks like an interesting few months coming up.
Oh, and then there's Truro!!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:58 pm

For anyone interested - the grading requirements can be found here: http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/player/clubs-leagues/ground-grading

Our league appears to be B

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

The first three clubs mentioned above are in no danger of going down. Surely the best thing is for them to release some of their high earners? Otherwise all their work getting promoted will go to waste.

Whitehawk is a bit different but they've been in this league for years, why has it only come to light now? Presuming that King blew a load of their money so could be difficult fixing the ground up. Wouldn't shed a tear if they drop - long journey and all that.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks Ashley. I can't be bothered to read it all but I suspect Hungerford's floodlights fail. I worry about us being able to stop 'free view' spectators, and Concord most certainly couldn't prevent people viewing from the adjacent holiday camp......although no one bothers!
Probably every club would fail to meet at least one of those regulations.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:59 am

kermit wrote:Thanks Ashley. I can't be bothered to read it all but I suspect Hungerford's floodlights fail. I worry about us being able to stop 'free view' spectators, and Concord most certainly couldn't prevent people viewing from the adjacent holiday camp......although no one bothers!
Probably6 every club would fail to meet at least one of those regulations.

Freeview isn't a problem as it is private property and the fence is over 6ft high.

Even so the adequacy is at the discretion of the FL so presumably the ground has already been deemed fit. I would imagine the inspecters would be minded to accept if some effort was made. You don' t really want clubs relegated unless the ground is unsafe.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:03 am

I was at Ashton gate last night and to be honest the floodlighting is too bright. It shines in your eyes and makes it difficult to see across the pitch (especially with specs).
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 pm

BenE wrote:I was at Ashton gate last night and to be honest the floodlighting is too bright. It shines in your eyes and makes it difficult to see across the pitch (especially with specs).

As good a reason as any to demote Bristol City to the Southern League Smile

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down