Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Ownership

+4
OliverH
turnstyle13
comrade powell
BenE
8 posters

Go down

Community Ownership Empty Community Ownership

Post by BenE Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:50 am

This really is a momentous point in the history of Bath City. It is now up to all of us to make it work but I have been quite impressed with the work and commitment made by the participants involved so far.

a) the existing directors for their stewardship under difficult circumstances and their embracing this way forward
b) the Bid team. I thought the new prospectus was an excellent piece of work. And in the meetings I've been to the proposed interim board members have demonstrated a competency that is reassuring.

A lot will depend upon who will be appointed as general manager.

But well done.

BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Community Ownership Empty Re: Community Ownership

Post by comrade powell Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks, Benny - it has been a long journey to get to this stage and it wouldn't have been possible without the input of a large group of dedicated people and of course all of the hundreds who have responded to the appeal so very generously.

And to quote from yesterday's newsletter...

Now we're pressing on to £350,000 to give us headroom above the bare minimum £300,000 target.  This will help repay creditors and build capital towards the final share buyout. The more funds we can generate now, the more robust the whole Club and Society will be in the long run.

So please keep spreading the word and encourage friends and family to be part of this wonderful success story!

Thank-you!

The Big Bath City Bid team

Just a reminder that the deadline for confirmations of pledges and Crowdfunder donations is 2359 tomorrow (Wednesday)
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by turnstyle13 Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:16 pm

And with ownership comes great responsibility.

Digging into our collective pockets is one thing, digging into our time and giving our help is now needed, otherwise things won't really have changed and it'll be the same faces doing the jobs going forward that has kept the club running in the past.

Its now time to step up and make a difference because its my/yours/OUR club.

Now who wants to be 'Bladud' at the next game?

Onwards and Upwards.

turnstyle13

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Excellent post turnstyle13, you are 100% right.

And for the club/Society's part, our job now is to make it as easy as possible for people to volunteer, and to be honest and transparent about where we need help.

The job ahead is massive - let's celebrate this moment, but as just one milestone towards a secure future.

And if we can push on to £350K, there may be enough funds spare to wash the pig costume Smile
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:30 pm

turnstyle13 wrote:

Now who wants to be Bladud at the next game?

I've always thought that any player who's been suspended should be Bladud for the duration of their ban...

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by county exile Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Congratulations on reaching the target and securing a majority shareholding.

We did it at Newport last season through a slightly different route (Supporter's Trust Ownership) and I am convinced it was the right (possibly only) option for us at the time. I hope you carry on and reach your ultimate goal of total share ownership.

Now the hard work begins.
county exile
county exile

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Many thanks County Exile - I think our routes are similar as it will be the Bath City Supporters Society, an SD member and part of the supporters trust movement, that will take a majority stake in the club and act as the vehicle for supporter democracy. We look forward to meeting with your trust when we get the chance to compare notes!
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Roy D Hacksaw wrote:
turnstyle13 wrote:

I've always thought that any player who's been suspended should be Bladud for the duration of their ban...

Can they take the suit off when they get home?

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Mike Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Ashley wrote:
Roy D Hacksaw wrote:
turnstyle13 wrote:

I've always thought that any player who's been suspended should be Bladud for the duration  of their ban...

Can they take the suit off when they get home?

I love it when you talk dirty, Ash
Roman Mike
Roman Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down