Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Wounded

+4
Dave
Steve Whites Missus
Luton Roman
Roy D Hacksaw
8 posters

Go down

The Walking Wounded Empty The Walking Wounded

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:49 am

Another by-product of last night's battling victory was the mounting tariff of injuries we had to endure. Marvin Morgan looked like he'd injured himself in the first minute, and continued to hobble on for the rest of his tenure, while Billy Murphy was also heavily iced up after he'd come off. On top of that, Nick McCootie looked spent long before the end of normal time, and appeared to tweak his hamstring just after we'd made our third substitution, bravely battling on to the final whistle.

Add to this the increasing absence of Watkins and Shaquille's up-coming suspension, and you'll see that our attacking options are diminishing by the minute. A few more players looked like they were carrying knocks by the end of the game, too, so it will be interesting to see who Owers has available to choose from at Hemel on Saturday. Will he be dipping into the loan market again, or will he be forced to bring the up-to-now ineffectual Fleetwood into the fray?

It's going to be an interesting few days.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

The Walking Wounded Empty Re: The Walking Wounded

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Its amazing what a Cup win can do for players ailments, but yes time to test the squad depth. Marshall seemed to get a decent run out last night, he should be chomping at the bit. think Hutch deserves a start.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm gonna dig up the Hemel pitch in an attempt to get the match postponed

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Borrow mine, I should be finished at Lords by Friday....

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:04 pm

If none of them are fit for Saturday I wouldn't mind seeing a front three trio of Bowman and Hutchinson given license to attack freely on the wings and Fleetwood in the box. Hemmings, Marshall, Diallo should also be fresh enough to complete the midfield.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by pete mac Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:02 pm

I agree with palms, unlike previous seasons we have a stronger squad so can still put out a good 11 on saturday

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 pm

If Fleetwood was ever going to make a contribution it surely had to be last night. Neither McCootie or Morgan were probably fit enough to start and the former was a walking passenger by the time the latter was removed. Hutchinson did ok, but surely a bloke with Fleetwood's experience would have been ideal with us down to ten men.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:44 pm

They had Fleetwood stripped down and ready to come on at the start of the first period of extras, but the bench appeared to reassess this move when Oxford brought on two subs before him. Some minutes later Josh came on.

I'm not sure what this tells us, but it does seem worthy of note.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Were you sat in the dugout? Very Happy
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Given the atrocious quality of the floodlights last night, especially along the side by the dugouts, I'm amazed Hacksaw could see anything happening. Perhaps Mrs Hacksaw is Polystyrene in disguise...Xray Specs!!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:01 am

Nah, I was stood right next to them, and the dugout was clear perspex. And anyway, Fleetwood was stripped down, waiting to go on, with Jimmer trying to alert the ref before they had their change of heart, so it wasn't hard to notice from where we were stood.

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down