Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals?

4 posters

Go down

PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals? Empty PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals?

Post by OliverH Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Hello -

I've been approached by a new non-league mag, BeyondThe92, for non-league fans' reactions to the proposal to create a League Three, 100 League clubs etc etc. I have no opinions on this matter, but I promised them I'd ask here what fans thought and then give them a quote summing up the general mood of City fans. So please do let me know what you think and I'll give them something suitable - a bit of minor publicity for the club. I told them I'd get back to them tomorrow night.

Cheers
Oliver
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals? Empty Re: PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals?

Post by Beau Nash Sat May 28, 2016 1:13 pm

If this new League Three went ahead it ought to be regionalised north/south with the current League Two and abolition of Conference Premier.  The next level lower should be Conference north, south and east.  Three relegated from each of the League Two north/south and two up from the three Conference levels.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals? Empty Re: PR opportunity: what do BCFC fans think of the new League proposals?

Post by suffolkexile Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 pm

That would be exactly the right option. have been saying more lower league football should be regionalised for years, could only lead to bigger travelling support and less travelling expenses. This is the reason the powers will never do anything about it...they are out of touch with grass roots football and until there is another spell of high profile clubs closing down nothing will change.

suffolkexile

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sat May 28, 2016 8:06 pm

It is difficult to formally an opinion as there are no concrete details.

However it is difficult to reconcile the stated benefit of improved income with reality. Unless the league can say where this extra funding is coming from then it will not help in the slightest. It is just rearranging the deck chairs. The only teams to benefit in the entire league structure will be the eight former league teams promoted to the new div 3.

There is only one thing which will help finances and that is regionalisation.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sun May 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks everyone, have passed that on to the journalist.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down