Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last night

+5
yuffie
comrade powell
Beau Nash
pete mac
stillmanjunior
9 posters

Go down

Last night  Empty Last night

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:50 am

Havant 0-0 Truro

Means that Havant need to better St Albans or Margate's result tomorrow. If both win they'd need to stuff Weston by about 15 goals to stand any chance.

Hoping St Albans win. Margate or Havant going down suits me. Margate because it's miles away and their press facilities are appalling, Havant because I've been there about 10,000 times and we never do well at their place. Plus despite not exactly being miles away there's little to do in the place, even less when it's a re-arranged Tuesday game in February/March.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Last night  Empty Re: Last night

Post by pete mac Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:06 am

Yes I agree. I thought Havant would win and stay up but they look the likely casualty now with Margate of course. There was talk of Truro fielding a weakened team.

pete mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:36 am

As Truro have qualified for the play-offs in 4th place it would be understandable if they rested the entire squad.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:28 am

A juicy scenario tomorrow would be for St Albans to draw, Margate lose 3-0 to us and Havant draw 0-0. All 3 would have 47 points. St Albans superior GD would save them, but the other two's would both be -23 with each scoring 51 goals. Havant would go down with one less win than Margate...

If only Junior's favourites hadn't lost 5-0 to someone back in August!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Truro made seven changes to their team from the Whitehawk game, including a rookie keeper who was the man of the match.

I listened to the Havat radio coverage (it was that or watch Liverpool) and it makes you realise what a professional job Mark, Q, Bob, et al do. One of them sounded like he was eating his tea whilst commentating and they kept saying we could still go down until someone pointed out that was wrong. Great pre-match research!

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:55 pm

I hope St Albans stay up so that their doggie supporter may make a comeback when we visit (where is that picture comrade?). 

From their performance against us Whitehawk deserve the final play-off position.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Last night  St_alb10

I remember his owner telling me that a whole gang of dogs used to support them when they were in Conference Premier, but hers was the only one who stayed loyal after relegation!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Big games at Hemel and St . Albans tomorrow. Herts police will be stretched.

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:33 pm

yuffie wrote:Truro made seven changes to their team from the Whitehawk game, including a rookie keeper who was the man of the match.

I listened to the Havat radio coverage (it was that or watch Liverpool) and it makes you realise what a professional job Mark, Q, Bob, et al do. One of them sounded like he was eating his tea whilst commentating and they kept saying we could still go down until someone pointed out that was wrong. Great pre-match research!

One of them at our place nearly smashed his phone in anger after we went 3-0 up. In the return game when we equalised we had one of their other radio guys calling us all the names under the sun. It was embarrassing and fortunately Bob and Q were rational enough to try and calm him down. He apologised after. There was also the episode where myself (and maybe Simon) were informed in advance we would have to pay to go pitchside to take photos, the reason for me was I had made a comment about their pitch about six years previous.

Totally bizarre. It's not on par with Dover but still slightly eccentric behaviour.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Big games at Hemel and St . Albans tomorrow. Herts police will be stretched.
Best stay at home tomorrow Gerry and guard the premises! On second thoughts, see you tomorrow.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Luton Roman wrote:Big games at Hemel and St . Albans tomorrow. Herts police will be stretched.
Best stay at home tomorrow Gerry and guard the premises! On second thoughts, see you tomorrow.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:12 pm

In stereo.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:34 pm

I think we need to be careful tomorrow that we don't get caught out by a Margate side that has suddenly realised that they might get relegated and are more up for it than we are. Our recent record in the last home game of the season isn't overly inspiring.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:27 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:
yuffie wrote:Truro made seven changes to their team from the Whitehawk game, including a rookie keeper who was the man of the match.

One of them at our place nearly smashed his phone in anger after we went 3-0 up. In the return game when we equalised we had one of their other radio guys calling us all the names under the sun. It was embarrassing and fortunately Bob and Q were rational enough to try and calm him down. He apologised after. There was also the episode where myself (and maybe Simon) were informed in advance we would have to pay to go pitchside to take photos, the reason for me was I had made a comment about their pitch about six years previous.

Totally bizarre. It's not on par with Dover but still slightly eccentric behaviour.

They also refused to exchange programmes with Bas one year because of my match preview. Though at least they didn't got blubbing to the league like Crawley did. Back when the website was unofficial and I could (most of the time) get away with previews like that.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:07 am

Havant fans, or one in particular, are the only ones I'm aware of who find it patronising for Junior to thank the away supporters for coming! Presumably they didn't complain when the same gesture was made at Anfield. I hope they go down today.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:12 am

After this they'll win the AGM Cup and ban us all from going next season

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:11 pm

We listened in on the closing stages on their radio station which was quite amusing. I did feel sorry for both commentating as obviously the club means a lot to them, to the extent that they cut off about 10 seconds after full-time. I don't think a single Weston player was mentioned in the entire duration of the commentary, had little idea what was going on.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Your friend at Havant who does the commentary has signed off on the National South forum, saying he will miss some of the the clubs' radio teams!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:53 pm

comrade powell wrote:Your friend at Havant who does the commentary has signed off on the National South forum, saying he will miss some of the the clubs' radio teams!

Something someone said seemed to get him a bit wound up on there.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down