Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Academy players.

Go down

Academy players.  Empty Academy players.

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 am

As we have been discussing younger players coming through - or the lack of them - I thought I might add my insight. As my son attended both of the trials for the Academy, I got to hear and see a bit about them. From what I can gather, there were about 80 players trialling over 2 days for the final trials. As it happened, I have previously coached 4 of the players - including my son - from Under 7s. They did two days where they trained in the morning and then played a 90 minute match.

As it happens, in the end, my son wasn't accepted. I have no problems with that as Billy Clarke seems to know what he is doing and I wasn't there for the whole trials. Out of those that were selected, there is one absolutely exceptional player - even when he was 7 or 8. I will be interested to see how he and the couple of lads I know get on progressing through the Academy and possibly the Under 21s and the first team. The quality of the lads at the trial was wide ranging but, from what I have seen of those that have been selected, they have chose some good potential players for the future.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down