Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Allison

+3
Marc Monitor
yuffie
Manchester Romans
7 posters

Go down

Sam Allison Empty Sam Allison

Post by Manchester Romans Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:54 pm

So was this the first time we've been refereed in a competitive match by one of our former players? Presumably the FA were happy with his appointment but it is hard to imagine, say, a former Man Utd player refereeing a league match at Old Trafford.

Manchester Romans

Back to top Go down

Sam Allison Empty Re: Sam Allison

Post by yuffie Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Well, he deftly side-stepped any complaints of favouring his former team.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:28 pm

To be honest, he was pernickety with a lot of decisions but he was spot on with the penalty. Of course, we all moaned at him but to hear some of the tea bar lot still going on 10 minutes was a bit ludicrous.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Marc Monitor wrote: he was spot on with the penalty
not for me Clive

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 pm

As I was over the tea bar side for that during my usual visit to see Mr and Mrs Hacksaw and we were all in line with the incident and it was a nailed on penalty.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Hard to believe that in a game played in a good spirit without a bad foul by either side that there could be so many bookings - I lost count, but am pretty sure it was 5 of ours and 4 of theirs. Didn't we even get 2 players booked - Dave Pratt and Harvey - over the penalty?

With a few exceptions this season the refereeing has been pretty poor, but today was one of the worst. The assistant on the main stand side wasn't much better, but at least it meant he didn't notice Dave Pratt was offside!

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:38 pm

The thing was that, firstly, the ref was pretty good in the first half, secondly, he was spot on with the penalty and, thirdly, the game got more niggly after he started dishing out the yellow cards which is isn't the desired effect.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodgycarpet Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:32 pm

well done sam allison - football wouldn't happen without them and they have a hell of a time!

Dodgycarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Good point, well made. I have reffed a fair amount in my time and I wouldn't swap places with them for anything.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Sam Allison was like Howard Webb compared to the muppet who took charge of my team's game this morning. I still recall seeing Sam sent off for headbutting an opponent when playing for the reserves against Frome.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum