Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admission Prices

+20
yuffie
Marc Monitor
Roman Mike
freeview
OliverH
comrade powell
Midsomer-steve
Major Icewater
LB
Dave
Luton Roman
bone ash
Elmore James
kermit
stillmanjunior
Timbo_b-o-a
BenE
Ashley
Steve Whites Missus
Beau Nash
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Admission Prices Empty Admission Prices

Post by Beau Nash Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:44 pm

From the Bath City Weekly Newsletter 15 there are increased prices for season 2016/2017, the comparison:

Match Day Admission Category
2015/16
2016/17
% +
Adult Standing
8·33
Adult Seating
Senior (65+) Standing
25·00
Senior (65+) Seating
11·11
Concessions (disabled) Standing
Abolished? 
Concessions (disabled) Seating
Abolished? 
Student/Under-18 Standing
16·67
Student/Under-18 Seating
Under-16 standing
Under-16 seating

I can understand the cost pressures for Bath City FC and the perilous financial situation / debt; also contrary to the rubbish spouted by the Office for National Statistics the real inflation rate is a lot higher.  

Given that the attendances need to increase how are price increases going to help regular attendances?  

I can see more people deciding to attend fewer games as government austerity cuts bite even more into our supporters' incomes.

The positive could be that if the board are preparing to spend more on the players and team management then increased attendances may be attracted IF results are the same as the first six games of this season AND are continued through the entire season, BUT one very big gamble.
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Admission Prices Empty Re: Admission Prices

Post by Steve Whites Missus Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Some of those percentages need revising... e.g. £1 to £2 change is 100% increase.

I guess these increases are to cover Owers training ground requirements.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Presumably this is a league wide increase as we normally charge the same as everyone else.

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Steve Whites Missus wrote:Some of those percentages need revising... e.g. £1 to £2 change is 100% increase...

Just testing to see who spotted the deliberate mistake, it was too easy...but I thought maybe as it was 1 and 2 then some may think it was 50% as 1 is half of 2?  (I hope the others are correct) cyclops
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:00 pm

As my wife points out my 1 is less than half of our 2.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:51 pm

As are all men to their better half.  queen She who must be obeyed. (We know our place)
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Timbo_b-o-a Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Disappointing. Of course us regulars will stump up but just further excludes those on a tight budget. As one of the great untapped reserve of potential fans with which the club have made decent inroads in the last couple of seasons, its a real shame student prices have been put up. Psychologically, handing over the lions share of a £10er now (I thought it was £5 this season for students?) will be very off-putting to the casual attendee for Div 6 football.

I understand its the same old argument 'everybody else in the league is so we have to' but with football awash with all its billions its just depressing.
Timbo_b-o-a
Timbo_b-o-a

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Why is the subject in red?
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Why is the subject in red?
Why shouldn't it be?
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:04 pm

£13 for a non league game at our level is expensive. Doesn't encourage the floating voter. Wages aren't going up...unless you're a footballer.

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by bone ash Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:27 pm

stillmanjunior wrote:Why is the subject in red?

Presumably to make it stand out. However, I do feel it's unnecessary and could add credence to the feeling amongst some that this forum is simply a vehicle for criticising the club. So, I've changed it to the default colour (along with other recent threads with coloured titles). Please can posters use the default colour in future.

Thanks

bone ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Luton Roman Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Isn't a fairer comparison against the last time prices were increased?

Luton Roman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Depressing stuff, especially the Under 16s and Students, two groups that I've noticed an increase in around the ground. Hopefully we can be a little innovative with our pricing in the future should community ownership come through. Granted they've won the division so attendances would naturally rise, but Sutton's have been consistently over 750 from the first day after their experiment with low season ticket prices last year. By the end of the season their average was above 1000, a 90% increase on their 550 average last season, all food for thought. I can't imagine this is a league directive, don't Maidenhead charge just a tenner?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:18 pm

This is the sort of negative reaction I expected when I read about this earlier.

I hate to swim against the tide, but I think we need to step back a bit before we criticise this without hearing from the club whether they intend to invest it on a manager, players or perhaps just to keep the club going in view of the failure of the community ownership to come to fruition.

Much was made of the fact that the previous management had been doing the job 'for free' (whether or not that was the case). If these price increases mean that we can afford to have a manager (whoever that might be) who can take the club forward rather than where it was heading for two thirds of this season then I think they can be justified - who knows, we might even have a successful team and attract some new support.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Must be a difficult decision for the club but it does seem the prices have been held for a number of seasons. I believe the new prices may still be lower than our last season in the Conf National.

IF  we are to retain Gary Owers then we may have to offer him a bigger budget than previous managers have been given. Without a big money backer we would need to generate this extra  funding from within the club as well as cover all the other cost increases.

The  transfer of status to that of a Community Club  is always being proffered as being the answer to our financial worries but it would still be faced with the same cost pressures as exist at present.

Unfortunately the original "Bid" fell well short of its target and there appears (publicly) to be little   further progress on the follow-up exercise.  It is to be hoped, however, that  there are some positive developments taking place behind the scenes .

In the meantime the club has to try and increase income and admission prices seem to be one of the few options available. Let's face it £1 is about the lowest the increase could realistically be set.

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Stonehenge is over £16 to view a pile of rocks that can be seen from the road. I'd much rather spend £13 at TP although sometimes watching Big Chas is exactly the same.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Wonder how much they will charge when its finished?

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 pm

I assume there isn't a benefit for existing season ticket holders this season to renew early? Last year before 31/5 it was under £200 (can't remember the exact figure).

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 am

Ashley wrote:I assume there isn't a benefit for existing season ticket holders this season to renew early? Last year before 31/5 it was under £200 (can't remember the exact figure).

Yes - I was hoping for this to emerge, once we were sure of which division we were going to be in. The 'early bird' season ticket offer of previous years was a big help to me, as I fund for two adults and a grandson. Last year, from memory, the early prices were £220, £110, and zero respectively - this year I will have to fork out £60 more.

It is wrong to take away previous privileged pricing - the incentives to encourage membership have now been stripped to the bone recently - i.e. season ticket price increases, no free drinks coupons inside them, and no discount bar cards (at an initial cost of £5) to buy anymore. Hardly a recipe to entice folks to reach the aspired 1,000 crowd total!
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:39 am

Very good points made from both sides of the argument. It would be good to hear some reasoning from the club though. Come on directors, you read the forum, so why not enlighten the supporters. There's nothing like being proactive. Or will we hear it at the AGM?
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:00 am

The increased prices do add a bit to the 1000BC team's task but no problem, we will soldier on! We are finalising our strategy for the 2016/7 season and should have something to share soon.

Regarding the community ownership progress, just a reminder that you can sign up to receive email updates by contacting info@bigbathcitybid.org.uk, and also please do keep an eye on the "news" section of the website: http://www.bigbathcitybid.org.uk/news

We are due a new update soon, please stay tuned. A lot of work continues to go on behind the scenes as Major Icewater mentions.
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Icewater Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Although not highlighted there is a perk in the sense that purchasing a season ticket does give you a seat if you wish.  May not mean much for normal match days but might be useful if we were expecting a big crowd for say a title decider.

Of course season ticket holders would be first in the queue for a ticket for that illusive 3rd Round FA cup game against one of the big boys!.

I have a friend who has been a long time season ticket holder at Bournemouth. He is certainly reaping the reward this season.

Major Icewater

Back to top Go down

Post by freeview Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm

£13 a ticket, fair enough if the rise is going solely to increase the playing budget to better the squad, bearing in mind though you can get a flexi ticket at Rovers for £140.00 10 x games for £14
Theres an idea do 10 games for even £100, would help those of us who pay for a season but can't get to evening games or the odd saturday

freeview

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:20 pm

freeview wrote:£13 a ticket, fair enough if the rise is going solely to increase the playing budget to better the squad, bearing in mind though you can get a flexi ticket at Rovers for £140.00 10 x games for £14
Theres an idea do 10 games for even £100, would help those of us who pay for a season but can't get to evening games or the odd saturday
For my situation, a ten game ticket would make financial sence, having been an exile for ten years and still spending a lot of time abroad. However, the club will benefit more by me spending £13 every time I turn up. But I can see it being an attractive option for many.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmore James Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Ashley wrote:I assume there isn't a benefit for existing season ticket holders this season to renew early? Last year before 31/5 it was under £200 (can't remember the exact figure).

Good point well made.

Elmore James

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next