Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today!

+7
Ashley
Sir Ged Roddy
yuffie
Marc Monitor
Steve Whites Missus
stillmanjunior
comrade powell
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! Empty Steve King's coat won't get ruined today!

Post by comrade powell Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 am

Just to confirm, today's match is off.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! Empty Re: Steve King's coat won't get ruined today!

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 am

They haven't played much recently so it'll annoy him further. Frustrating but if it annoys Steve King that's a plus point.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! Empty Re: Steve King's coat won't get ruined today!

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Could work out a handy postponement as will hopefully give Gary an extra training session with the squad and rest a few injuries.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Suspiciously handy Very Happy

I joke, of course, refs are unbiased in these decisions.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Interesting game for Truro. 4-0 down at Wealdstone after 48 minutes. Finished 4-4.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Also, St Albans, Hayes, Maidenhead and Eastbourne all lost. A good day for City. Just need Havant to lose at home on Tuesday, but, of course, the game will be postponed.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Hopefully Truro's incredible efforts leave them shattered for Tuesday, if it's on.

Yes, it's safe to assume that any home game scheduled for either Weston or Havant between November and February will be off.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:10 pm

yuffie wrote:Interesting game for Truro. 4-0 down at Wealdstone after 48 minutes. Finished 4-4.

Highlights here, including the embarrassing celebration involving players and the Raider, for which the club are rightly getting flak on their forum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0darLdmkGw

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Ged Roddy Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 pm

and Truro missed at least 5 good chances.

Sir Ged Roddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:46 pm

That appears to be the same referee who did our 4-4 draw at Eastleigh all those years ago!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Yes, I think he is the best at this level.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:55 pm

He also loves a 4-4 draw!

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! 2359838004_57ee6b951d

The star of one of my favourite photos.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:07 am

Interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0darLdmkGw - probably due to the pitch invasion and the FA investigation. silent
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by Beau Nash Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:30 am

The "invasion" Shocked  can still be seen here after the equaliser at 18 minutes into the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVd51PgImN8 - I counted about eight people.  confused

Football is about emotions.  I remember the mass invasion of Twerton Park, November 1965, after Mike Denton scored the second goal against Newport County in the FA Cup, was there an FA investigation then?
Beau Nash
Beau Nash

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:21 pm

The only investigation in '65 was into whether it was the greatest goal in the history of the game (coming 12 years before Boxing Day at Weymouth, I can confirm that it was)

Seems like the FA could be very busy looking into events at Wealdstone. Apart from the Truro fans pitch invasion, the Raider was apparently reported for his 'goal' celebration which had been allegedly organised in advance by a Wealdstone official, and at the end of the game a parent of one of the home players was caught abusing the match officials and faces a ban!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 pm

If you want to hear the opposing views of the people at Truro, you can wade through this...

http://www.trurocityfc.net/forum/general-discussion-31118/supporters-conduct-at-the-match-the-supporters-clu-779442.html?page=1

Note that this is the 'official Truro forum', which their chair (Peter Masters) seems duty bound to post on every few hours! A great advertisement for unofficial forums...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 pm

comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Well, going by his previous efforts, I'm expecting an announcement soon about them about to go into financial meltdown.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Thank god that was post us appointing Owers ;-)

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusty Lynfield Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:34 pm

It's strange as when I saw the results last night, I thought he may be in trouble. Their wage bill is huge considering their gates...I think after last year they were betting on going up this season. I suppose the one thing that may dig them financially out the hole they would normally be in now, is the cup run and the TV money they got from it. They are currently my "Boo Team" in the league....will be interesting to see who they bring in next.
Dusty Lynfield
Dusty Lynfield

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Here's happy Steve after we had thrashed them back in August. He politely turned down my request for a shared selfie...

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! Bright11
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Voutt Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:42 pm

comrade powell wrote:Here's happy Steve after we had thrashed them back in August. He politely turned down my request for a shared selfie...

Steve King's coat won't get ruined today! Bright11

Are all your selfies in the public domain?

Colin Voutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Steve King has left Whitehawk by mutual consent

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:35 pm

I was sent a first draft of Saturday's programme earlier and a pic of Steve King had accidentally been left in instead of a pic of the St Albans manager. Nearly asked for it to be left in as a tribute (and to annoy St Albans, who didn't send their info until this morning despite stacks of chaser messages).
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next