Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pop Side tannoy is too loud

+3
comrade powell
stillmanjunior
Roy D Hacksaw
7 posters

Go down

The Pop Side tannoy is too loud Empty The Pop Side tannoy is too loud

Post by Roy D Hacksaw Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:39 pm

I know in the scheme of things this is really the least of our worries, but the tannoy on the Pop Side has reached ear-rattling levels of discomfort over the last few home games.

I remember someone saying at the start of the season that the wiring was up the wonk and there were only two levels - Harsh or Off - but to be honest I think I'd prefer Off at the moment. It's got to the point where you can't really have a useful conversation without sticking at least one finger in your ear.

Now given my punk rock career I should be the last person complaining about noisy racket, but if even I'm having trouble with it, the thing must be just a smudge too loud. It's reaching health and safety flouting levels of discomfort.

Anyone in the know able to do anything about it?

Roy D Hacksaw

Back to top Go down

The Pop Side tannoy is too loud Empty Re: The Pop Side tannoy is too loud

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

I had a tweet before half-time saying it was too loud, then midway during the second half someone said it was too quiet! I'll do a check before the next game when there's no crowd. We have a new amplifier so all the volume levels have been altered. They're incredibly sensitive as it is, if I move it a hairs width it goes from near silent to deafening.

What would also be handy for the Whitehawk game is if someone stands say dead on the halfway line at the front of the Pop Side, then when I start speaking/music starts playing indicate if it needs to be turned up or down until it's ideal. Not perfect but should suffice. I can appreciate it must be annoying, I remember watching us play Team Bath when they had the volumes far too loud and it was very irritating.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 am

You ought to join me in the Royal Box, Roy. I'm afraid the tannoy can't be heard at all from there. I'm happy to assist with your sound check, Junior!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Agree it was unpleasantly loud yesterday. Roy was so deafened he didn't even comment about my shouting.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:50 pm

I'll ask Phil to check it at our side. Obviously that's the only side I can make volumes about the volume.

It's probably fine, most of the noise is likely to be drowned out by the team being told to keep it out and get the attack going.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:59 pm

As it is being mentioned, the one in the main stand corner nearest the mo-b-q hut is deafening.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:47 pm

I agree with Roy, at the moment off would be preferable.

LB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Although, in saying that, I was uncharacteristically at Twerton before kick-off yesterday and heard "Go Bath City Go" in its full glory.

So, yes, I would like the PA turned down, please. Wink
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down