Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a historian amongst your midst?

2 posters

Go down

Do you have a historian amongst your midst? Empty Do you have a historian amongst your midst?

Post by baldangel Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:51 pm

I am looking for somebody that might be able to give me the team for Bath City's visit to Tonbridge on 19 December 1959. In particular, did Charlie Fleming play? I've long thought that this was my first ever match, my Dad taking me specifically to see Cannonball Fleming. If he didn't then, how about the subsequent two seasons?

baldangel

Back to top Go down

Do you have a historian amongst your midst? Empty Re: Do you have a historian amongst your midst?

Post by comrade powell Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

Hello baldangel - yours would be an appropriate name for me on here!

Giving you the City line up for that match in 1959 would depend on my wife digging out a dusty box of old programmes from under the stairs, but I will ask! However, I can confirm from our City bible that Charlie did play in your first match, scoring a penalty, and also in the subsequent two seasons. Here are the details...

19.12.59 City won 2-1 Wilshire, Fleming (pen)
17.9.60.  City won 3-2 Fleming, Fletcher, og
27.1.62 City won 2-1 Langman, Fleming

Hope that helps for now. If you still live in Kent, why not come to Dartford to see City this coming Saturday. I'm afraid Charlie is long gone and the team are rather modest in comparison, but we need all the support we can muster!
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Do you have a historian amongst your midst? Empty Re: Do you have a historian amongst your midst?

Post by baldangel Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks for the reply. The game was definitely a 2-1 win for Bath, so the middle game is ruled out. And I think I was younger than 10 for the third one, so I'm sticking with my original thought.

baldangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum