Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaid Mohamed

+6
Steve Whites Missus
yuffie
kermit
comrade powell
Marc Monitor
stillmanjunior
10 posters

Go down

Kaid Mohamed Empty Kaid Mohamed

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Moved on to Eastleigh.
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Kaid Mohamed Empty Re: Kaid Mohamed

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Good move for him and hardly surprised. Presently, I am not sure whether his less than stellar stay has been down to him or other circumstances at the club.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Like others, I was excited when it was announced that he was returning but his spell has been underwhelming. One fantastic goal amongst three from eight appearances is a pretty modest return when he contributed little else. Presumably Eastleigh saw something...
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by stillmanjunior Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:10 pm

His goal at Margate wasn't bad either to be fair, but overall as you say I'm surprised a team near the top of the Conference have shown an interest. Cue him now haunting Manda on Saturday with a hat-trick against Bolton...
stillmanjunior
stillmanjunior

Back to top Go down

Post by kermit Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Having seen Eastleigh last Monday (don't ask why, but I expect you can guess!!), I find it hard to believe that he will get much time on the field. Of course he may up his game down there and prove me wrong. Torquay fans were quite keen to sign him and he probably would have had lots of games down there.
Anyway, good luck Kaid, and thanks for the great goal at Ebbsfleet.....and Margate, though I didn't see it!
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by yuffie Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 pm

I think he short spell back with us was about what I expected. He didn't set the world alight but showed a few glimpses of the player who got us into the Conference Prem. And his goal (and the resultant win) at Ebbsfleet is certainly the high point of the season so far.

yuffie

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:07 pm

So which was better, the Ebbsfleet goal or the one at Cambridge? I'll go for the latter.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Didn't really look out of place in our squad. Neither too good, or bad. Maybe he plays to the level around him.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Yes, I would go with that. Didn't look as good as Pratt, Watkins, Stearn or even McCootie at their best. In fact, he didn't even look like Chas at his best.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:44 am

That's a bit harsh! I just don't think his heart was fully in it, perhaps suggesting he had a deal for a new club before he arrived and just wanted to get match fit. We must be one of the most helpful clubs for developing players for others....
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 pm

I am not slagging him off just saying that, for the limited time that we had him, he didn't performs as some of the players we already have at their best. That isn't to say that he can't play better than them just that he didn't show the form that he did last time he was here.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Whites Missus Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:01 pm

comrade powell wrote:That's a bit harsh! I just don't think his heart was fully in it, perhaps suggesting he had a deal for a new club before he arrived and just wanted to get match fit. We must be one of the most helpful clubs for developing players for others....

Certainly not harsh. I can't recall anyone complaining when he was subbed... and if his heart was not fully in it then he shouldn't be on the pitch. Won't deny he was a good addition to the squad but didn't excel.

Steve Whites Missus

Back to top Go down

Post by comrade powell Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Perhaps I misinterpreted what Marc was saying, but both McCootie and Hemmings have been nowhere near their best in most, if not all, of their outings this season and perhaps they weren't the best examples to compare Kaid with. Anyway, the bloke is history now and it's the management's job to get the very best out of what they're left with.
comrade powell
comrade powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Ah, yes, you have misinterpreted me. I meant that, in this period, he wasn't as good as any of those players at the best periods since they joined the club. It was in answer to him playing to the level of those around him.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by BenE Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:46 pm

He did look as if he had quality on the ball but he is not a player that is going to lift the players around him. And at the moment there is an awful lot of lifting to do.

None of the players mentioned have played well this season except maybe Watkins.
BenE
BenE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Agreed and, also, Watkins is the only player that looks like taking the game to other sides on his own, in a similar fashion to Stearn. That, however admirable, is not a great sign.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:53 pm

It was worth signing Mo back for that moment at Ebbsfleet, what a feeling when the ball hit the net

Ashley

Back to top Go down

Post by OliverH Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Came on as a sub against Bolton today in front of 5000 people
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by A36 Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Although he was involved in most of Eastleigh's best attacking moments, including winning the corner that led to Eastleigh's goal, he disappeared for much of the time (he came on midway through the first half), neither defending when Bolton had the ball nor keeping up with play when Eastleigh counter attacked. Similar to his recent performances for City.

A36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum