Roman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Topic Title is SEX

4 posters

Go down

This Topic Title is SEX Empty This Topic Title is SEX

Post by miker Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Warning : This post has nothing whatsoever to do with sex....you have just fallen for the oldest trick in the book for getting some ones attention. Being bored as there is no football ( that is of any relevance) today, I was thinking if anyone could send in any City related stories that might cheer us up a bit (we need it). Here comes mine ( if you haven't already switched off ). It's called "I scored a goal for City when I was about 10 years old". Like a lot of tales from the past, some details are fresh in the mind and some uncertain but here goes.
It was about 1960 and I was about 10 ( could be a few years either side). It was a Saturday and had been raining all morning and most of the previous night and continued through the match, the pitch was waterlogged and the game would certainly not be played nowadays.
We were playing Wellington Town and as the game approached it's conclusion City were loosing 5-0 ( this I know will come as a shock to younger viewers who are constantly told by us old uns that "back in the day" City were  invincible but sad to say that even then we sometimes got stuffed and this was one such occasion). I was with some other kids, all soaked through, standing behind the Bristol goal and had been chatting to the goalie ( they were goalies then, not keepers). City launched an attack and one of our players put in a hard low shot and the goalie dived full stretch catching the ball in both hands but crucially slid through the mud so that the ball carried just over the goal line. Now, by this time in the game most of the pitch lines were very hard to see due to the churned up mud and neither the ref or the linesman (linesman in those days not assistant refs) who were wading through the mud to catch up with play could see but we kids and the goalie all knew that the ball had indeed crossed the line. The goalie got up and went to kick the ball but was met with a chorus of "come on goalie you know the ball was over the line" (or something like that) and to his great credit he called the to the ref and explained what had happened and the ref awarded a goal much to us kid's delight. We said things like "well done goalie" and his nearby teammates said other things that I didn't understand but they weren't very happy with him. City lost 5-1. The record books will have awarded that City goal to one of the players but I tell you it's mine all mine. ( Mine because I don't know who the other kids were and the player who kicked the ball would have accepted that he hadn't  scored if we kids were not behind the goal to see justice done.

miker

Back to top Go down

This Topic Title is SEX Empty Re: This Topic Title is SEX

Post by OliverH Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Brilliant :-)
OliverH
OliverH

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monitor Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Yes, great. What I love about it is that sometimes the best stories come from the gallows humour of the terrace.
Marc Monitor
Marc Monitor

Location : Within the sight of Twerton Park floodlights (Well, at the end of my street)

Back to top Go down

Post by Midsomer-steve Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:10 am

miker wrote: It was a Saturday and had been raining all morning and most of the previous night and continued through the match, the pitch was waterlogged and the game would certainly not be played nowadays.
We were playing Wellington Town

Ha ha ha - Priceless - 'playing Wellington on a waterlogged pitch'

Great story Mike.
Midsomer-steve
Midsomer-steve

Back to top Go down